Chapter Twenty Nine

Trigger Warning

Harry's POV

A permanent smile has been plastered on my face since I dropped Meredith off.  Last night was so perfect.  She is so perfect.

To say I was shocked that she wanted to have sex would be an understatement.  Obviously, I had thought about it before.  But I didn't know that she did too.  I wanted to wait to even talk about it until she brought it up.

Yeah, I mentioned a few things about it before.  But that was all for the sake of turning her, and myself, on.  It wasn't ever serious.

But when it happened, when we made love, it was perfect.  Because that's what we did.  We didn't fuck.  We didn't have dirty, kinky sex.  We made love, in its purest most honest way.  And it was better than I ever could've imagined.

So here I am, on my way to Meredith's once again.  I hope Louis isn't there.  I texted him to tell him I'm coming to get a few things, but he never responded.

It's only been a few hours since I've seen Mer and I already miss her.  I was hoping she would come see me last night, but not enough for her to jump out of her fucking window.  That is the part of her that scares me.  She doesn't care about hurting herself.

There are no cars in her driveway, so I assume Louis isn't here.  Hopefully he wasn't here earlier either.  I don't want Meredith getting yelled at, especially for something that's both our faults.

When I walk through the door I am met with loud music blasting from upstairs.  It's a familiar song I know I've heard a few times before, and I'm guessing it's coming from Meredith's room. 

Close your eyes, so afraid

Hide behind that baby face

I can hear her singing along with the music the closer I get to her room.  I push open the door and feel my heart twist painfully.

Meredith is jumping feebly on her bed to the tune of the music, letting the lyrics slur out of her mouth.  For some reason she decided to only wear her bra and underwear.  An almost empty bottle of tequila dangles from her right hand, being pulled shakily up to her mouth.  She hasn't even looked in my direction yet.

It is then that I notice that on top of her healed scars are fresh red lines.  Semi dried blood trails down her forearms to her wrists and hands.  I stand in the doorway with a lump in my throat, stunned at the sight in front of me.

"'arry!  You're here!" she yells drunkenly.

I am too speechless to even try to respond. 

"Come dance with me!" she exclaims and motions for me to join her on the bed.

"Give me the bottle, baby," I say carefully as I walk toward her.

"No!" she giggles and takes a huge sip.

I sigh and try to reach for the bottle, but she moves away.

"Why aren't you wearing any clothes?" I ask gently.

"S'hot in here," she slurs and throws her arms in the air dramatically.

I have to look away when I catch sight of her cuts again.  I feel nauseous.  What the fuck happened to her?

I see her taking another gulp as the song starts again.  I get on the bed, deciding enough is enough.  I try to take the bottle away from her.  My hand grazes hers and all of a sudden, she freaks out.

Meredith jerks away from me.  Her eyes gloss over and she looks at me like she doesn't even know who I am.

"Mr. Carter?" she says with a shaky voice.