Chapter Thirty Eight

Harry's POV

"Thank you for keeping everything under control. I really appreciate it," I say to Ed, my CFO.

He sits in the chair in front of my desk holding a new stack of files for me to look over. One of his legs is crossed over the other and his face holds a placid, business like smile.

"No problem, Sir. Now I have a few things you need to sign off on," he hands me the files. "And we're –"

Ed is cut off by yelling in the hallway. We both look toward the door in confusion. Seconds later, Louis barges in looking like a proper mess.

"Lou, what is going on?" I question worriedly, looking behind him for Meredith.

He runs both hands through his hair, completely out of breath. His eyes are wide and frantically darting all over the place. Ed gets up and leaves without a word, giving us space.

"She – She's gone," he whispers. My chest immediately tightens.

"What do you mean she's gone?" I say loudly.

"She's gone, she's... I went to go pay the bill and –"

"You left her alone? What the fuck were you thinking!" I yell.

This cannot be happening. This has to be some sick joke. He has her. That monster has my baby. I think I'm going to be sick.

"I – I don't know, okay? It was just for a second and –"

"And what? You thought it was fine to just leave her when there's a pedophile out there stalking her? I mean, shit, Louis! Do you have any idea what this means? Do you have any idea what he could be doing to her?" I practically scream.

The only noise in the room is Louis' panicky breathy and the deafening ringing in my ears. My chest is so tight I feel like I might stop breathing. I sit in my chair and rest my elbows on my desk, burying my face in my hands. I slip my fingers into my hair and pull.

This can't be happening.

"W-What should we do? The police, right? We should tell them, we should–"

"Go to the police station. Tell them exactly what happened," I say eerily calm. "Now."

Louis just looks at me as I gather my things. I head for the door and he follows.

"You're not coming?"

"No," I respond. "I have to take care of something."

"What are you talking about? Your girlfriend – my sister – was just kidnapped and you want to go run an errand?" Louis says in disbelief as we enter the elevator.

I take a deep breath to try and calm myself, but it doesn't work. Within a second, I'm pushing Louis up against the elevator wall, gripping the collar of his shirt and towering over him.

"Don't question me. I know what I'm doing," I say through gritted teeth. "Now do as I said before I really lose it."

The doors open and Louis gulps, nodding. He practically sprints out to his car and I'm not far behind.

I take out my phone as I get into the driver's seat, pressing the one contact I never thought I'd talk to again. It rings twice before I hear his smooth voice on the line.

"Payne."

"It's Harry. I need you in London. Now."

"Slow down, mate. What's the prob-"

"My girlfriend was kidnapped. That a good enough reason?" I spit, not wanting to waste any time.

I hear shuffling around for a few moments. I pinch the bridge of my nose, trying to control my pounding headache.