Chapter Thirty Four

"Fuck!" I hiss loudly as I burn my thumb on my straightener.  I quickly put it in my mouth, thinking that sucking on it is somehow going to make it all better.

I hear Harry running up the stairs, probably to my rescue.  I made him wait in the living room while I got ready.  I wanted to surprise him.

"Meredith, is everythi –"  Harry stops in his tracks, letting his eyes scan over my body without shame.

My black heels make me at least five inches taller.  I'm wearing skin tight leather pants and a red cropped bustier.  The lace is practically see through everywhere but the bra cups.  I stand with my hip cocked, my thumb in my mouth, and looking at Harry through my long lashes.

"Wow," he breathes, still not taking his eyes off my body.

"Do I look alright?" I ask quietly, my voiced muffled by my thumb.

Harry visibly swallows.

"You look... wow."

I blush and look back into the mirror.  My hair is straight but messed up a bit to look less preppy.  Thick winged eyeliner frames my doe eyes and my lips are probably a bit too glossy, but whatever.

"What happened to your thumb?" Harry asks, finally paying attention to something other than my bum.

"I burned it."

Harry rushes to me and takes it out of my mouth.  A small blister is forming, but it isn't anything serious.

"I'm fine, Haz."

Harry's jaw clenches.  I don't know why he's so mad; it's just a minor burn.  He turns on the sink and moves my thumb under the cold water.

"Keep it there for a bit."

"It's nothing, really I –"

"Just do as I say," he orders sternly.

I nod feebly and keep my thumb under the soothing water.  Harry hugs me from behind and rests his head on my shoulder after giving the bare skin a chaste kiss.  I look up and make eye contact with him in the mirror.

"I hate seeing you in pain."

"I'm fine, Harry.  It was my fault anyway," I say softly.

"I just want to kill anything that hurts you," he continues.  I shut the water off and turn around, raising my eyebrow.

"What are you going to do, murder my straightener?" I tease him.

Harry rests his hands on the vanity on either side of my body, effectively trapping me.

"You know, I just might."

I hum in response.  I can tell his mood is lifting.

"How about you just kiss it better?" I give him a shy smile.

Harry returns my smile.  He takes my hand in his and presses a gentle kiss to the pad of my thumb.  He then looks at me and presses an equally soft kiss to my lips.

"Ready to go?" he mumbles.

"Is that what you're wearing?" I gesture to his outfit.

"Yeah, is there something wrong with it?"

I actually take this time to actually look at his clothes.  A plain black t-shirt is making his biceps look even bigger and showing off his tattoos.  He's also wearing black skinny jeans and black boots.

"You look hot," I blurt out.

"Ditto, love," he chuckles and kisses my nose.

I roll my eyes playfully and take his hand, tugging him out of the en suite.  Harry shakes his head and throws me over his shoulder.