Chapter 10

Matt's POV

"Look, can you just let me go? I don't feel like talking to you right now," Katie scowled, pushing me away. But I held her back.

"I need to say sorry, okay? First, I never meant for the picture of you to be posted on--"

"Wait, so you gave Chris the picture of me? You drew it? I find that hard to believe. I never knew Matt Garner would be the artsy type," Katie snapped, cutting me off.

"I would never give Chris something of yours, unless you would allow it. He had art after football practice, so he must've found the picture hanging on the wall. I just don't know why he needed it."

"Matt, you still haven't told me why you even drew the picture," Katie whispered angrily.

"Well, let's just say," I paused, peeking out the closet door to make sure nobody was eavesdropping. "Let's just say that I like you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Katie's POV

Omg. Matt Garner likes me. He likes me

"So . . . you drew a picture of me because you liked me?" I asked quietly. I switched off the light, too afraid that he would see the blush spreading across my cheeks.

"Yes," Matt replied in a low, husky voice. Then he moved forward slowly and held my face gently in his hands. He leaned in and his warm, soft lips brushed against mine. I moaned quietly, and he stopped, searching my eyes. 

"Are you sure you want to do this? After all, you're the one who pushed me away yesterday," Matt whispered.

"First, I never pushed you away. I was just uncomfortable with the situation. Second--" I pulled him in a kissed him. For a second I thought he would move away, but instead, he surprised me. Matt had one hand behind the small of my back, pushing me closer to him.

I deepened the kiss, which seemed like the right thing to do. Until I heard a knock on the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt's POV

We were kissing. I, Matt Garner, was kissing Katie Marlon. And it was just perfect. With each touch I wanted her more, and I never knew I could feel this way. I was just about to bury my hands in her hair when there was a knock on the closet door.

"Is anybody in here?" a gruff voice asked. Then the door opened and light shot through. I rubbed my eyes and pulled away from Katie.

"Can I ask what you folks might be doing in this room?" the janitor asked. I looked at Katie, and she looked at me, her eyes filled with worry. It was pretty obvious we were doing something other than talking.

"Oh, I was just . . . telling Katie something important," I stammered. Katie's hair was all messed up and her face red, lips swollen. I probably looked similar. 

"Yeah, sure," he scoffs. We quickly walked out of the closet, and I sorta missed the small space when we entered the hallway, filled with people.

"I wish we were still in there," I whispered. I was behind Katie, and I brushed a kiss on her neck. She shivered, and turned to face me.

"I feel the same way," Katie murmured, her hazel eyes staring into mine. 

"Here, I have an idea. Give me your hand," I quickly took out a pen and wrote my phone number on her wrist. She did the same on mine.

"I'll call you tonight," Katie said. "See you in math." Then she waved, walking to Mr. Patterson's homeroom. 

Wow. I still can't believe I kissed Katie Marlon.