Chapter 35

Sammie's POV

"I'll repeat the plan: You ask Katie to go with you to the homecoming dance, and then Chris will get jealous and will want Katie back," I told Matt, chewing on a piece of broccoli.

"What if Chris doesn't get jealous?" Matt asked staring at me with his green, handsome eyes. 

Soft lips. Short, wavy, brown hair. Emerald eyes. Tan skin. Some muscles. He leaned in and stopped. I couldn't wait any longer, so I grabbed a fistful of his shirt and brought him closer to me. We stared at each other till his lips hungrily met mine. I bit the bottom lip, and he moaned. I smiled in my head, knowing I'll forever love him.

"Sammie? Are you OK?" Matt asked, waving in my face. I swatted his hand and rubbed my head. I've been daydreaming about Matt lately, and its really getting on my nerves. He still likes my best friend.

"What were you asking before?" I mumbled. He smiled and played with my braided bracelet.

"What if Chris sees me with Katie and doesn't care?"

"He has to care, Matt. When you love someone, you never forget them. Even if Amy somehow convinced Chris to forget Katie, that doesn't mean he doesn't have feelings for her," I said angrily. 

"She's coming," Matt whispered, looking at someone behind me. I didn't even have to turn to know its Katie.

"Go up to her! And say you just want to go as friends, OK?" I reenforced the last part, even though I don't like Matt that much. But even as he stood up to go ask Katie to the dance, I still felt a little jealous.

---------------------------------------------------------

Katie's POV

Matt walked up to me when I entered the cafeteria.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" he asked, blushing. I nodded and we stepped out into the empty hallway.

"What do you want to talk about?" I looked at him, smiling. Matt brought his eyes up to mine and he began to speak.

"I want you to go with me to the Homecoming Dance," he said. I gasped. But it wasn't a gasp of happiness. 

It was a gasp of horror.