Chapter 36

Matt's POV

She gasped, and in my head I laughed. I knew Katie would say no, but it wasn't even real.

"I just want to go as friends," I assured her.

"Oh, good, for a second I thought you were serious about going as a couple," Katie laughed. She smiled, but all I felt was happiness knowing I have a friend like her. No more love is in the air.

"Unless you have someone else to go with," I added. But I already knew what she would say.

"No, I don't. I'll go with you," she said. Then we walked back into the cafeteria. Sammie's plan is working.

------------------------------------------------

Amy's POV

Oh. My. God.

Katie's going with Matt to the Homecoming Dance. I was in the girls bathroom, and the way the doors never close let outside noises flow inside. So I heard Matt asking Katie to the dance. I left immediately and walked into the cafeteria. How can she be going out with him? I mean, I kissed Matt so Katie would get jealous. Now she's going to a dance with him!

"Plan B is set to go," I muttered under my breath. Then I carelessly walked up to the table where Matt, Sammie, and Katie were sitting. I sat next to Matt and snuggled up into him.

"Amy, I've had enough of your shenanigans," he whispered angrily. I grabbed a handful of his shirt and kissed his lips with passion and hunger. When I moved away, he shoved me off his lap. Sammie was wide-eyed, though, and Katie was just rolling her eyes.

"That was great, babe," I said out loud. Everyone in the cafeteria looked at me, and I smirked back at them. Then they looked away. Oh, these are the perks of being a Queen Bee.

"Oh my god," Sammie breathed, her voice shaking.

"Sammie, Matt didn't kiss her back, OK?" Katie reassured her, hugging Sammie as she cried.

"Katie's right, OK? I would never do this to you, Sammie. Amy just doesn't get enough attention from her boyfriend, so she goes and kisses other guys," Matt shot at me angrily. I gasped, tears starting to fall down my cheeks. 

This is freakin' humiliating! I ran out into the hallway, and Chris was standing there.