Chapter 30

Chris's POV

Katie left the hospital today. Sammie did too, but she has to stay home for a few days before going back to school because of her leg.

My phone buzzed in my jean pocket, and I muted it. Amy kept sending me texts about our date tonight, mentioning her clothes and asking me if pink high heels are better than black flats. I am determined to forget my crush on Katie, because that's what she wants. Plus, I know she would never ever like me. In fact, she got into the car accident because of me.

"Chris, honey, that girl is back," my mom yelled from downstairs. I grinned, knowing my mom doesn't like Amy, either.

When I reached the front door, I whistled. Of course, Amy's my girlfriend, so its fine to call her hot. I mean, Katie doesn't matter anymore.

"Hey, babe, we gotta go. The reservation is set for six," she said, barely looking at me while texting on her phone. Her blonde hair was swept up into a bun and her eyes were sparkling. This night is gonna be fun.

When we got to Pastaria, we sat down at a table near the back. There were rose petals scattered on the tablecloth and the lights were dim. I sat down in my chair.

"Ahem!" Amy cleared her throat, pointing to her chair. I looked at her with a confused face.

"Chris, my chair!"

"Oh. OK," I muttered, standing up and pulling out her chair for her. Amy sat down and I pushed it in, finally relaxing in my own seat.

"Happy Anniversary," she murmured, staring into my eyes. I was distracted, looking at the candle on the table.

"Wait, what?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Amy's POV

"Babe, its our first-year anniversary. You forgot?" I mumbled, eyes starting to water.

"It is? Oh, yeah, okay. No, I didn't forget, I was just distracted," he said. Chris looked at me with his full attention.

"Were you distracted by Katie?" I asked, knowing I'm right.

"No, I was just--"

"Trust me, I can find something to easily distract you," I grinned and curled my finger around his bicep. He gulped and blushed red. Then I leaned in to kiss him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chris's POV

All I can say is this: Kissing Amy isn't the same as kissing Katie.

So I ran out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter is dedicated to  for giving me awesome ideas ;)

-teraCANread