Chapter 37

Chris's POV

When I saw Amy burst through the cafeteria doors crying, I ran up to her and took her in my arms.

"What's wrong, babe? Why're you crying?" I asked. She looked at me and her face was confused.

"Wait, you mean you didn't hear anything that went on in the cafeteria?" Amy whispered. I nodded.

"I was stuck in Mrs. Benson's class finishing a test. I just got out. Why, did something happen?" 

Amy shook her head, looking relieved. I was confused. Then she wiped her eyes, mascara not staining a thing. Amy cleared her throat and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"So, are you gonna ask me something?" she winked. I didn't know what Amy was talking about till she looked at she bulletin board. Then I saw the paper that said 'Homecoming Dance & Game'.

"Oh! Oh, uh, you wanna go to the dance with me?" I asked her, remembering the wretched dance. You have to dress up and everything. All I care about is the Homecoming football game.

"Obviously," then she kissed my lips. I kissed back. Last year when I went to the dance with Amy, she made such a big deal about it. I had to wear a blue tuxedo to match her dress (imagine the horror). 

Oh, I just can't wait till this year's Homecoming.