Chapter 17

Chris's POV

As I walked out of Drama, I dropped my backpack at my locker. It was lunch time, and I was supposed to be heading to the cafeteria for lunch with Amy. Instead, to make Katie feel better, I'm taking her on a special trip.

When I got to her locker, I waited a few minutes till a girl with auburn girl arrived two lockers down. Katie was with her, laughing. She waved when she saw me, and I felt my cheeks heat up. Uh-oh.

"Um . . . Katie, is he really here?" the girl asked, waving the air in front of me. I gave her my charming smile. She nearly fainted.

"Yes, Sammie, this is Chris Parker. He's taking me somewhere to make me forget about the Matt problem," Katie said slowly, holding Sammie up.

"Nice to meet you," I shook her hand. Sammie's blue eyes looked up at mine dreamily, and then she looked at Katie.

"I thought he wasn't this nice," she whispered, though I heard it and smirked. Katie looked at me and grinned.

"Well, you've never seen the real Chris. In fact, I thought he was bad too. We have to go, though, so I'll see you after lunch at PE."

Katie waved at Sammie and we left, running through the halls.

"Oh my god, that was fun. Did you see Mr. Bard shaking his head at us?" Katie giggled.

"Yeah, and Mrs. Baker. Her face was just priceless!" I laughed. Then she stopped, and I stopped. There was less then an inch of space between us, and I looked down at her, taking Katie's chin in my hand.

"We have to hurry, lunch is less then an hour," she said, not noticing anything. I dropped my hand. That was just a stupid mistake I made.

"OK, lets go."