Chapter 44

Katie's POV

I dropped the paper, startled. I did not expect Chris to ask me to the Homecoming Dance. I thought he was gonna apologize or something.

"Katie, what's wrong?" Maura asked, picking up the paper. She held it and tried to read Chris's scrawly handwriting.

"Will . . . you . . . go . . . to the . . . dance?" she mumbled. I plucked the paper from her fingertips and I threw it in the kitchen garbage can.

"What'd you do that for? I was busy reading it!" Maura grumbled. I smiled sadly and shook my head. Then I called Sammie.

------------------------------------------

Hey guys, it's teraCANread. Sorry that this chapter wasn't even a paragraph long. The thing is, I have a lot on my mind right now, and I'm trying to fix a situation between me and my . . . friend. Then again, short chapters mean MORE chapters, so don't worry. This book isn't over yet. Thanks again to my wonderful readers who have not stopped reading Once Upon a Football.

-teraCANread

Oh, and by the way, Once Upon a Football is not on hiatus. It's not finished. It's just simply stuck in a slow writing process. I won't stop posting chapters each day, I can promise you that. Once this situation with me and my friend is figured out, I'll make an extra-special long chapter :)