Chapter 9- Your Kiss

((Almost 10 chapters! Yay!! You don't have to listen to the song, but it came to my mind while writing this chapter. It's an older song my parents played for me once. Enjoy the chapter!))

That night, you could barely sleep. Max and the kiss was on your mind. You kept wondering if he felt what you did, if he was having trouble sleeping like you were? You could go ask him? No, it was like 2am. As you laid in bed staring at the ceiling, you thought back to what happened after the kiss...

His lips felt so soft on your own, you didn't want it to end. But he pulled away hesitantly, you opened your eyes and looked back into his. There was a mixture of confusion and happiness in his eyes.

Quickly, you stepped back. You became aware of the quietness surrounding you. A pair of footsteps behind you sounded moving toward the doors. You turned around and saw Red leave through the doors. You moved no muscles, just staring at the closed doors. Was he upset?

You felt a hand touch your arm, and you turned your attention back to Max. His expression looked sad, so instead of looking at him you looked down at his hand on your forearm. You took a deep breath and decided to break the thick silence.

"Good practice today. Keep it up and you'll be a better marksman." You said. You pulled away and left the room. You went back upstairs leaving a confused Max behind in the gun range. After that you ended up in your room just laying in your bed...

You rolled over in bed, and sighed. You figured if you wanted to face Max tomorrow, you'd need sleep. You closed your eyes and after a few minutes, relaxed and drifted off.

Morning came and you hesitantly got out of bed. You rubbed at your eyes for a minute simply trying to rub the sleep out. Then you threw on some clothes and went downstairs. Tim, Max, Red, and Barney were at the table eating already when you got there. Everything was silent except for the sounds of people eating. You made your breakfast and sat down.

Max casted you a glance, then looked away. Red looked over at you briefly also, but said nothing. The atmosphere was really tense, and Tim seemed to notice.

"Nice bed hair, sleeping beauty." Tim chuckled, smirking when you sent him a glare.

"Shut up." You replied, then continued eating.

"Ooh, someone's grouchy this morning." He mused. You tried ignoring him and kept eating your breakfast. He seemed to realize that his words had no effect on you because he went back to eating also. Soon Max finished eating, and you did not long after he left the room.

You walked into the living room and saw Max watching TV. You tried to turn away but he saw you and walked over. He grabbed your wrist.

"(Y/n)...we should talk." He said. You looked around to be sure no one was listening, then nodded.

"The kiss yesterday...did it mean something?" He asked bashfully.

"Did you want it to?" You asked, looking at him. He looked up for a second.

"Well, yeah. Did you?" He asked. You blushed and nodded. A smile lit up his face.

Just then, the moment was ruined by the sound of gunshots outside. Wait...gunshots?!
There was a flurry of people running everywhere grabbing weapons, and rushing outside toward the gunfire.
                                                                  Until
                                                                            Next
                                                                                       Time...