Chapter 18- Cat Max

((Getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow! Wish me luck. I hate any type of surgery. I've been trying to update more frequently, I hope you're enjoying. Hehehe cat Max...hehehe.))

When you and Red got back home it was 10pm, so you tried to be quiet while entering the house. There was some light and the soft murmur of the television coming from the living room. You walked in and saw Max slouched on the couch staring at the TV. He heard you walk in and glanced over at you for a second. Giving not much more than a quick "hey" in greeting. When he turned back to the TV, a sad little pout adorned his lips.

You walked over and sat down next to him. A minute passed and nothing happened, he continued to watch the TV with a bored expression. You poked his cheek and waited for a response, but got none. So of course you poked him again. No response again.

"You look a little sad, Max." ....poke.

He turned to look at you, his previously sad face had turned into an irritated one.

"Ohh, now you're looking a little mad...Max." You smirked. His eye twitched.

"Don't...you dare." He warned. You tried to stop the grin from spreading across your face. Before you could say another word, Ross walked in carrying his cat. Your eyes lit up, and you forgot all about teasing Max. (He was grateful for the distraction)

"Kitty Perry!" You exclaimed.

"Hey Ross, hey KP." Max nodded. Ross came over and sat down, setting KP in his lap. She leaned her head toward you curiously, and you placed a hand on her soft head. She got up and walked closer to you, resting her two front paws on your leg. You continued to pet her while the boys engaged in some conversation. You felt so content petting her. (Sorry if you're more a dog person. Tell me and I'll make dog chapter dedicated to the doggies. 🐶)

KP sat down in between you and Ross, and purred while you kept stroking her soft fur. Finally, when your hand was getting tired you tuned back into the conversation the guys were having. They were talking about Gmod. Suddenly, an idea struck you. You picked up KP and set her in Max's lap. He stopped mid-sentence, and looked down at her.

After petting her a couple times, he looked up at your grinning face. Wearily he asked "what?"

"I think you'd make a cute cat....Max." You giggled. He glared, and while he was trying to remove the cat, you jumped up and ran upstairs. Quickly, you shut the door and sat down with your back against the it. You ignored the loud banging on the door and pulled out your phone.

"Why are you in MY room??" He hissed. You looked around and realized he was right. In your panic, you didn't run into your room, but you ran into his.

You pulled out your phone and quickly texted your friend. You asked her is she could bring over the cat ears she owns. She agreed and said she'd be over in 10 minutes. What a nice friend.

"You can't stay in there forever." You heard Max say. The banging stopped and it sounded like he sat down also. Neither of you said a word for the next 10 minutes until you heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Oh hey Shelby."  Max greeted.

"Hello! Is (Y/n) in there?" She asked.

"In here, Shelby!" You called.

The doorknob twisted and you moved away from the door. Shelby stepped in and offered you a bright smile. She held up a bag and you grinned back.

You took out the contents of the bag and went searching for Max. Apparently he lost interest in attacking you, and walked off. You went back downstairs in search of your target. You found him drinking some water in the kitchen. You told Shelby to get ready to take a picture.

You rushed in and put the cat ears on his head. Before he could react badly, you posed for a picture with him. Shelby also stood next to him and quickly took the picture. Later on, it ended up on Instagram...and Twitter. Cat Max was also quite the grumpy Max about all that.

                                                   Until
                                                              Next
                                                                         Time.....