Chapter 25- The Lake House

((Thanks so much for reading, voting, and commenting! It lets me know you care about what I'm writing and makes me feel happy. You guys are awesome, you should feel awesome and uh yeah! On with the story!))

It was beautiful. Surrounded by so many trees with beautiful green shades, made the brown log cabin stand out and blend in all at once. You suddenly got very excited to spend the next week in that house. You walked toward the front porch and inhaled deeply through your nose. The air smelled of pure nature. The scents of pine, grass, and wood wafted around.

"Wow, beautiful here." Max grinned, his eyes had glazed over in amazement. Red soon approached you too, smiling happily.

"It's nice to escape the city." He said, looking around at the house, then at the clear blue lake. Soon, Adam drove in. Once the car was parked next to the first car, they each got out and joined you three on the front lawn.

"Welcome to the lake house! This is our home for the next week! Come on, let's go inside." He motioned for everyone to follow him. He unlocked the door and walked into the house. ((Pictures above at the top.)) It was just as beautiful inside too. You weren't sure if you were more excited to spend time inside or out. Both were so beautiful.

Adam sorted out rooms, making Barney and Ross share one, and Red and Max share a room so you could have one to yourself. You walked in and took in the decor. You set the suitcase down on the fluffy bed, and looked around. Everything was so rustic and nature-themed. You even had a private bathroom attached to your room. You peeked in and noticed the jacuzzi tub and large shower. This gorgeous house sure had a lot of luxuries for being out in the middle of nowhere.

You started unpacking your clothes and put them away in the oak dresser. Once things were all set, you went back downstairs to see who you could find. It was about 3pm and Adam and Alesa were sitting on the couch, watching a movie and cuddling with baby Mason in jumper on the floor. You walked into the kitchen and found Ross snacking on some chips. He nodded in acknowledgement when you walked in.

"Hi Ross, where's Red?" You asked, grabbing a bag of your favorite chips.

"Out by the lake I think." He shrugged. You thanked him and walked out the front door to head toward the lake. You saw Max and Red sitting on the dock, their feet in the water. You walked up quietly and grinned.

"I ship it." You laughed. They turned around and glared. Max's cheeks burned a bright red.

"We were just talking, woman!" He sputtered, at this point you were trying hard to keep your laughter to a minimum. They both stood up and shared an evil look. Your laughter halted immediately, knowing they were up to no good.

"Uh, guys...stop...get back!" You shouted, backing up cautiously. They lunged forward and grabbed your arms. You kept shouting 'no no no!' But the guys dragged you closer and closer to the edge of the dock. Your heart was racing as you tried to fight against them, but to no avail. They pushed you off and you fell into the water. SPLASH! You poked your head above the surface and glared at your attackers.

"Ha! Revenge!" Max grinned, raising a fist to the sky.

"Look out!" Red yelled, pulling off his shirt. You swam to the right a ways to give him room, then he started running. He ran and jumped into the water. You got splashed but didn't mind because Red had such a cute smile once he surfaced.

"Come on, jump in Max!" You grinned, forgetting about being mad at the two. The water actually felt really nice.

"Nah, I think I'll go play some GTA..." He shrugged. You looked to Red and knew that he had the same idea as you. You grinned and swam to the shore, as did Red. Jumping up on the dock, you both put on scary faces and stared Max down until he backed up.

"Guys...come on, I don't want to swim right now." He groaned.

"Neither did I." You replied flatly. He didn't say anything, just stared back with a look of fear in his eyes. Suddenly you and Red ran forward, tackling Max into the water. You choked a little when you surfaced, having swallowed a bit of water.

Red and Max both surfaced, smiling despite the situation. You all began laughing then after, a splashing war broke out. You all stayed in the lake for a couple hours, laughing and having a good time until dinner.

                                                 Until
                                                            Next
                                                                       Time...