Chapter 17- A Walk in the Park

((Sorry for not updating. Here's a chapter for the Red fan girls. I haven't seen many Max fan girls commenting, only Red lovers. I decided this needed to happen. Enjoy!!))

The next day at about noon, the three of you reported to Adam's office. You wanted to see if he knew anything about this diamond. Adam seemed confused when you mentioned the interrogation. He said he didn't know where the diamond was or who had it.

You had no choice to believe him because you knew he wasn't a good liar. You saw no signs that he was lying, so you waited for him to dismiss you all.

Once downstairs, you decided to make some waffles for lunch. Once they finished cooking, you topped it with whipped cream and other yummy things. Then you sat down at the table. Halfway through, Red came in and made some too. He topped his with lots of chocolate syrup and chocolate chips. You both ate and made small conversation when suddenly Red's happy tone changed.

"Hey, uh. Would you like to go to the park later?" He suggested. Your face flushed and you cleared your throat before answering.

"Yeah, sure."

"We could have a picnic?" He blushed.

"Sounds fun." You smiled. He smiled back.

After that you didn't really say anything, you both just finished eating breakfast. Occasionally you would catch his line of sight and you ended up making stupid faces at each other. Once the food was gone, you were both laughing uncontrollably at how ridiculous you looked.

After, you cleaned up and put everything away. You played some video games with Max until it was time to head to the park.

You and Red decided to walk to the park since it wasn't far. Only a couple blocks down the street was where you both stopped at the sub shop. You each ordered a sub, drink, and some chips. Then continued walking toward the park.

Another couple blocks and you arrived at the park. As you both walked toward the lake, Red asked silly little "would you rather" questions.

"Coke or Pepsi?"

"Red or blue?"

"Well Red of course." He blushed at your response. You giggled.

"Like your cheeks." You added. At that, his cheeks turned redder and you laughed.

"Hey, are you and Max...a thing?" He asked.

"If we were, would I have agreed to this picnic with you?" You shrugged. He shrugged also and looked away.

After a little bit of silence, you decided to open the sub. Red noticed and also opened his. You both ate quietly, watching the water and a couple ducks that were playing around. Once you finished, you went to throw your garbage away. When you walked back to the blanket, Red was gone. You looked around for him but couldn't see him.

"Red?" You called out.

Two hands covered your eyes and in a panic, you elbowed the assailant in the stomach. He let out an 'oof!' and stumbled back. You whipped around to see Red holding his stomach in pain.

"Red! I'm sorry...I thought you were an attacker..." You apologized. He hunched over and took a deep breath.

"It's alright. I shouldn't have surprised you..." He wheezed.

You took a few steps closer and he straightened up. You opened your arms for a hug and he gladly accepted.

"Can I do anything for you?" You asked sympathetically. He pulled back slightly and looked innocently into your eyes.

"Can I have a kiss?" He asked. Your voice refused to work, so you leaned in until your lips met his. He leaned closer, his hands on your waist. It was such a blissful moment. All too soon, he pulled back and ended the kiss. You stared into each other's eyes for a second, then let go of each other.

The rest of the day, you both walked around the park hand-in-hand. Admiring the water, the trees, and the sky. It was so relaxing spending part of the day with him. It was after dark by the time you both decided to walk back. The streets were slightly scarier at night, but holding Red's hand made you feel stronger. You two were unstoppable.

Until
Next
Time....