Chapter 21- Her Tears are Diamonds

((I thought the song sorta fit...being like diamonds or whatever. Play it when you want.  Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments about how you like the story! They really make me smile. Enjoy!))

"Listen to me (Y/n). I need to share something with you." He spoke

You leaned in and nodded. It seemed that Adam had something important to tell you and if his previous statement hadn't convinced you - then his suspicious actions prior to you sitting down - should have.

Once he knew he had your full attention, he took a deep breath and prepared himself to tell you his secret.

"So, do you remember the party...at Nick's mansion?" He asked, you nodded so he continued. "And that night you came home to tell me about some...gem that Nick wanted?"

"The one we got beaten up for...yeah?" You shrugged. He scratched the back of his head.

"Well, I lied to you three. I do have that gem. It's in the safe in the basement." He said. You stared at the ceiling for a minute, just absorbing the secret he spilled. You finally formed a response and hesitantly replied.

"Why?"

"I'm sorry, I was afraid you'd be in more danger if I told you guys. I want you to keep this a secret." He said.

You agreed, then asked what he had planned for the valuable gem. He leaned back in his chair and sighed.

"I have a buyer. I haven't set up a date yet, but he's willing to pay a lot for this gem. I will need your help with the transfer process."

"Alright, you can count on me." You nodded. Adam smiled, obviously more relieved now that you didn't get mad at him. Part of you felt betrayed somewhat, but you knew why he kept it from you. Now you were happy that he trusted you.

"Thanks (Y/n). It'll be a little risky since I've never dealt with this guy before. But I know you'll do fine. I'll be sure to send one of the guys with you for backup, but you can't tell him what you're doing." Adam explained.

"Understood." He dismissed you, and you went back to the game room in the basement. Max saw you enter, and waved.

"What did Adam tell you?" Max asked.

You shrugged, "He just wanted to tell me how I've been such a great teammate. He wanted to thank me for all my hard work." You lied.

"Pssh, show off." Ross scoffed. You sat down between Max and Ross then elbowed Ross in his side.

"Pssh, jealous." You replied, your smirk widened. Max laughed and patted your shoulder.

"Hey Ross, want some ice for that burn?" He asked. Ross mumbled 'shut up'.

"Well, what are we playing?" You asked.

"Gang beasts." Max said, as he grabbed another controller for you.

At first your character was a purple chicken, Max was a green trucker, and Ross was a blue Dino. You played to 3 lives, and started on the incinerator map. First round, Ross immediately ran after you. You grabbed onto the wall as he tried head butting you. You grabbed onto him with one hand, still grabbing ahold of the wall.

"Help me Max!" You begged.

"No, help me Max!" Ross wailed.

"I'm so torn..." Max stated sadly, directing his character towards your scuffle.

Ross finally got close enough, and hit you in the head successfully knocking you out. No no no no... He dragged you close to the pit of flames, but couldn't pick your body up high enough. Then your hero Max jumped over your limp character and head butted Ross. Max picked up Ross' body and pulled him toward the flames. He jumped and jumped, finally jumping into the pit while grabbing onto Ross.

"It was worth it!" Max chuckled. You fist bumped him.

Then the next round started. You all jumped on the conveyer belt, deciding to fight on there to make it harder. You three threw punches, head butted, and thrashed around. Soon everyone was knocked out, laying on the conveyer. You three panicked and shouted at the TV. Each of you were begging your characters to wake up before you all slipped into a fiery death.

Unfortunately you all slipped in before waking up. One more round, Max and Ross had to die so you could win. You ran around the map, chasing mainly after Ross. Max didn't want to kill you, since he had feelings for you so you didn't pay too much attention. At on point you managed to knock Ross out and toss him onto the moving belt. One down, one to go.

"Alright, I'll go easy on you ok?" Max chuckled. He got closer to your character, and you started swinging at him. You scuffled a bit more, then finally dragged him in. You held onto the edge of the floor, leaving you the winner. Ross quit and went upstairs. You and Max laughed about how Ross was being a sore loser, then retired for the night.

Until
Next
Time....