Bulldozed by Two

Kenzie's pic^

Kenzie's pic^

Hailee's pic^

Hailee's pic^

I was at my locker, shoving my bag in when I suddenly heard loud screams, I quickly closed and locked my locker before stepping back as I felt two figures fly pass me, crashing into a few students that were near by.

I chuckled lightly, "you both are crazy."

I stood there as I heard my two best friends, Kenzie and Hailee grumbling while picking themselves off the ground.

Suddenly I was squished into a hug that I tried to avoid.

"G-guys.... I... Can't... Breathe!" I gasped out, trying to shove them away from me, which was difficult to do with my hands trapped at my sides.

"We missed you so much, Ava!" They screamed in my ears simultaneously.

I cringed as they let me go, then glared their way, "did you have to scream in my ear?"

Kenzie scoffed, "would you prefer I punched you in the face?"

I gave her a look, "yes actually, I do."

Hailee laughed, "oh I've missed you. How was your summer?"

I shrugged, "I've mostly been training, you know how it is."

They were quiet at first, then I felt Hailee move closer and hugged me, "you have to let that go some day. You can't let the past haunt you forever."

I made my face go blank. I didn't like talking about it, even if they were my best friends, I just didn't-- couldn't let it go. "I have to head to class."

I turned and walked away. I don't know where I was going since my mind was raging with memories that I don't want to remember.

"Baby, just stay in your room, okay? Don't get out of your room. Mommy will be right back," mom hugged me tight, then pulled back and looked at me while gently stroking my cheek with a soft smile.

I could see that something was wrong, even though I was just 9 years old, I was smart enough to know when something was just not right.

"Mommy, can't I just go with you?" I pleaded.