Come in Peace

A/N: I wasn't supposed to put this up yet since it wasn't done but I got sick the whole week. I was in major pain, got stuck with meds that made me feel even more sick so the whole week I was mostly sleeping😑 FML😤 But anywho, here you go🤗

*******

Ava's POV

"Logan?" I called out as I walked into the music room.

"Yeah? Have you decided already?"

"Huh?" I asked confused.

He sighed. "You said you would think about joining the talent show."

"Oh right," I thought about it for a moment and then shrugged. "Whatever, sure, I'll join."

Something fell onto the floor and I winced at the loud noice. "Ah, sorry. Are you serious?"

I nodded, smiling. "Yeah, why not? You always lend me the room when I need time to myself so I don't mind."

I was pulled into a tight hug and I froze for a moment before hugging him back. "Y-you okay?"

"Yeah." His voice was shaky and thick with emotion.

I smiled again. "You know, you shouldn't be so surprised. You're like family to me."

He chuckled. "Yeah but you're changing and that's good. I thought you would always keep to your own circle."

I pulled away. "What do you mean? I socialize with others."

"Yes, you do but you always keep them at arms length. Hailee and Kenzie are your best friends but I bet you hide things from them too. Am I right?"

"But they hide things-"

"No, they don't and you know it." Logan sighed before patting my head. "At least open up to someone. Don't keep it to yourself. Anyways, the key is on my desk. Just lock up when you're done okay? I got a meeting in about 15 minutes. I'll send the details about the talent show to Dave."

I nodded as I heard him walk out with the door closing behind him. Well, who the hell am I supposed to talk to? I don't wanna burden anyone, especially my best friends.

I sighed once again before placing myself at the piano. I played with a few keys before I realized that I wasn't in the mood to play so I just got up, grabbed the key and locked up. I dropped the key at the office and decided to walk around. It was already the last period of the day but I just did not feel like going home. Logan doesn't have a class for 6th period so I come by whenever I feel like singing or playing.

My phone suddenly started vibrating, which scared the life out of me. When the hell did I put this on vibrate?

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, are we still gonna meet up after school? You know, for the speech..." Ryder trailed off, unsure.

I facepalmed myself. "Right, yes, the speech. Uhh, meet me at the front afterschool. We can head to my house together."

"Okay, see yah."

I hung up, then immediately called my uncle to tell him that I got a ride home. I was already walking through the doors of the school, heading out when the bell rang. School's over. Finally.

It wasn't even 5 minutes when I heard rushing footsteps coming towards me among all the students that were chatting around, excited to get out of school. I smiled, knowing who it was before he stopped beside me, panting.

"You okay there? You sound like you're about to breathe the last air of your life." Amusement filling my voice.

"Well," he panted, trying to catch his breath, "I thought... you were... gonna leave if-"