Nice To See You Again

David Taylor (Ava's uncle)^

***

I sighed, skimming my fingers on the pages of the play book, feeling the familiar bumps along the page. I had a slight headache so I couldn't really pay attention to the play I was trying to read.

"A, you okay?"

I turned to Jake's voice and I gave a small smile, "yeah, I'm just tired. Do you know where is Hailee and Kenzie? They should've been here by now."

It is currently lunch time and I was seated with Jake along with Derrick and Ryder. I don't know what Ryder is doing since he's been quiet the whole time but as for Derrick, I can practically hear him trying to dry hump a girl on the table. I gritted my teeth to keep myself from telling him off.

"No, I haven't seen them since this morning."

I sighed again, running my hand through my hair. "My head is killing me."

Hands were suddenly on both sides of my head, massaging it making me sigh in relief as the pain slightly receded. "Feels better?"

I nodded, "yes, please don't stop. I swear I'm so close to grabbing Derrick and slamming his face into the table."

Jake chuckled, "I know what you mean but I can't blame him, the girl is are hot."

I smacked him on his arm playfully.

"Hey," he protested, "I'm doing you a favor and you thank me by hitting me?"

"Well, be thankful I didn't slam your face into the table instead." I smirked.

"You're mean."

"I know."

The bell rang and I jumped up, "yes! Time to go home!"

"Don't you have class?" Ryder asked. Wow, now he decided to talk.

"No, I have free period for the rest of the day."

"Then why do you stay until after school?" He asked confused.

"Because I usually have stuff to do during my free periods here in school but I'm too tired to even bother. Laters, guys."

I walked out of the cafeteria and took out my phone. I dialled my uncle's number.

Hello?

"Uncle Dave, can you pick me up?"

Now? I thought you usually stay in school?

"Yeah but I don't feel so good. So can you?"

Yeah, I'll be there soon.

"Okay, thanks."

No problem, kiddo. See you soon.

I hung up and waited at the front entrance until I heard a car honk and I walked towards it and climbed in.

"You okay?" Uncle Dave asked as he started towards home.

I nodded, "yeah, my head just hurts."

"Have you been getting enough sleep?"

"Yeah." No. Ever since I got the call from Fred, I've been having a hard time sleeping.

"Don't lie to me, Ava. What's wrong?"

I sighed, "Fred called me."

I felt him stiffen next to me. "What did he say?"

"They found him but lost him again. He ran after he caught sight of them watching him."