Discharged

It's been days since I cried to Uncle Dave and today is the day I get to go home. I was questioned by the police the day after Ryder and the boys visited since I was too tired to stay awake that day. It was a process that I did not want to repeat so I left everything else to Uncle Dave. I was beyond relieved that I was finally being discharged because I was starting to feel suffocated with Uncle Dave and Mary hovering all the time. I think they expected me to break down at anytime or harm myself.

I sighed.

I know that they had good reasons to be concerned since even I knew that I wasn't okay. I'm not going to deny it. Every single time I wake up, I just wished I could go back to sleep but at the same time, I was scared to go back to sleep and face the neverending nightmare that kept occuring. The number of times I've screamed in my sleep could not be counted with just my two hands.

I got so much shit to deal with it, it ain't even funny. I'm tired but I can't sleep. I want to move but I can't, due to my injuries. I want to sing and distract myself from my problems but my throat is sore and didn't have a chance of fully healing due to my constant nightmares. All the problems that kept adding up was already starting to completely overwhelm me, which caused me to feel a bit claustrophobic in this cold hospital room. I just want to get out and feel a bit normal before I go insane and actually kill myself in the process.

"Sweetie, let's get you changed so we can leave." My thoughts were cut off by Mary's voice as she walked into the room.

I turned towards Mary's voice and sighed in relief. "We can go now? Really?"

"Mhm, Dave is currently signing the release forms. By the time we are done here, we should be able to leave and go home."

"Finally. I'm getting sick and tired of the hospital food."

Mary paused. "Excuse me, young lady but the only 'hospital food' that you've been eating were my home cooked meals that I bring here everyday. Are you saying you're tired of my cooking?"

I thought about it longer than I should have and laughed when she lightly pinched my cheek. "I'm tired of your soup, just the soup."

Mary hummed in response and I smiled.

I quickly got changed with Mary's help and we exited the room.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold it there, missy."

I sighed heavily at the sound of Uncle Dave's voice a few feet away from us. "What is it now, Uncle Dave? Can't we leave now?"

"Yes, yes you can but you need to be in the wheelchair. You don't expect us to be your support the whole time, do you?"

"Yes, actually I do. Don't you miss carrying me?" I asked, jokingly.

He snorted. "Yes, when you were little but now, I don't think I could carry your heavy butt. So hurry up and get your ass on this wheelchair or we're not leaving."

I paused, then I turned to Mary. "Can he do this? Isn't there a law written somewhere about not being allowed to force someone to do things against their will?"

"There is when it's harassment or something related to that but since this is for your health and well-being, it doesn't count." Uncle Dave happily stated.

I groaned and reluctantly settled myself into the surprisingly comfy wheelchair. I covered my face as I felt myself being wheeled forward and inwardly cursed. This is so damn embarrassing and a total insult to my pride. Not because people might be staring but mainly due to the fact that I know this idiot uncle of mine is having a field day pushing me around like I'm some invalid. Ugh, someone knock me out please.