Chapter 3

"Missa I want to adopt you." I looked at Charlie then the barking Harley.

"You want to adopt me? Why me?" I stuttered.

"Well do I have to list the reasons, and you're always here so I've grown to love you as a daughter." I gave him a hug.

"Thank you, thank you!" I cheered I was very happy.

"I take that as a yes."

"It's a massive no." I giggled. "Of cause it's a yes. I get a real farther!"

"You have to sign on this dotted line." He handed me the pen and I quickly signed the line he was pointing at. "And this one." I signed another line. "This one... and finally this one."

"That's the envelope." I gave him a mini look.

"Ok I just have to give these to Witchney."

"Witchney is good, you've been thinking about that for a while haven't you?"

"Well yeah Missa. I take a lot of pride in that name."

"Good for you." I said rolling my eyes.

"Hey I don't have to send these papers in." He joked threatened.

"Then I'll turn your house into a farm." I looked at him with an evil glint in my eyes, I knew a guy. What could I say?

"How...? Wait don't answer that I don't wanna know." We finished our cake and I sat with June and twirled around on the spinning chair.

"Having fun Melissa?" June asked.

"Yeah, who knew spinning on a chair would be so fun." I spun around again making myself dizzy.

"Dizzy?"

"Yep. I don't think Harley is." I stroked the small sleeping dog which was on my lap. "This has been the best birthday by far!"

"Glad you think so, here." She pulled a bracelet out a locked draw. "Have this." She put it on my wrist.

"Why?"

"Because everyone cares for you and I think of you as a daughter like most people here. So you have it, but promise not to get arrested again."

"I 100% promise."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You want to do WHAT!" Whitney wasn't taking my adoption well.

"I want to adopt Melissa. You heard me the first time." Charlie repeated. "I already got into contact with the agency and all that was left was Melissa's agreement."

"You can't just adopt you have to complete steps." She stuttered, she was obviously scared of loosing her precious maid.

"Ok let me make it simple Whitney, I signed the papers and I don't care about the steps so Charlie can adopt me." I hugged him.

"Fine, I can get your paperwork tomorrow. Come on Melissa we're leaving." I got dragged away and shoved into a car. Oops Harley and my presents are still in the staff room, oh well my last night here. The car engine started and the journey was in silence, I'm not complaining or anything but Whitney always talks. The car came to a sudden stop and Whitney climbed out the car slamming the door shut, she pulled open my door and dragged me out by my hair and threw me onto the stone floor. "You're going to get to bed without any food and you're going to stay in that room until Charlie picks you up." I stood up and walked into the house and up to my 'room'. By room I mean draws and blankets on the floor. I fell asleep instantly I was so tired.