Chapter 21

I left early in the morning to avoid everyone. I entered the Gryffindor common room, had a shower, got changed then walked back downstairs. Then I saw Fred standing against the wall.

"Hey." Thats all I could say. He didn't say anything, only walk over and hug me. "I'm sorry about not talking to you last night."

"It's ok, it's probably best. Harry wasn't that happy and the party blew." He said.

"Should of partied with the Slytherins, I got a speech and all." I said. "Oh god. What's Charlie going to say. June will panic and she can't panic as she's pregnant. My life is over."

"Calm down, your life isn't over. Let's go to the owlery. Write and tell them what's happened, they'll find out anyway. Much rather it came from you."

"Your right. Let's go." I said, we ignored all comments and just walked to the owlery.

'Dear Charlie,

I'll start with the good news, I have a boyfriend. He's called Fred and I really like him. Please don't try and scare him away!

The bad news, someone has manipulated the goblet of fire and I'm now in the Tri-Wizard Tournament. It's very dangerous and people have died in it. I'm scared Charlie and I can't back out of it. People believe I didn't put my name in, one because I couldn't and two because I didn't in the first place.

This boy called Harry Potter also in my situation, but anyone could of put his name in. He has enemy's he doesn't even know about.

I'm scared Charlie and someone wants to kill us.

I miss you and I'm thinking here was a mistake.

Melissa.'

I took Rosabelle and handed her the letter. She quickly took off and Fred didn't even get to look at it.

"I can't use you," Harry told Hedwig, looking around for the school owls. He and Granger had came in while I was writing my letter. "I've got to use one of these."

Hedwig gave a very loud hoot and took off so suddenly that her talons cut into his shoulder. She kept her back to Harry all the time he was tying his letter to the leg of a large barn owl. When the barn owl had flown off, Harry reached out to stroke Hedwig, but she clicked her beak furiously and soared up into the rafters out of reach.

"First Ron, then you," Harry said angrily. "This isn't my fault."

Fred gave a mini laugh.

"You got a pissed owl mate." Fred joked before we started to all walk out the room.

"Oh Harry, even though we're not the best of friends and we might have to attack each other. I'll stick up for you the best I can and I'll always believe you." I told him.

"Same Melissa." Harry said holding out his hand for the agreement.

"My friends call me Minnie." I said shaking his hand then running off with Fred.

Harry had thought that matters would improve once everyone got used to the idea of him being champion, he was fully mistaken. The next few days proved this.

He was avoiding everyone but me. Purely because we were in the same situation.

He could no longer avoid the rest of the school once he was back at lessons. I wasn't that concerned about avoiding people, once you've been in trouble with the police a few times you start to not care about what people think.

It was clear that the rest of the school, thought Harry had entered himself for the tournament. Unlike the Gryffindors however they did not seem impressed.