Chapter 10

"Have you got everything your needing?" June asked again, she was close to tears. "Jackets, books, wand, coats, Rosabelle," My owl was called Rosabelle, it's Italian meaning beautiful rose. "Paperwork, uniform. Are you sure you have everything?"

"For the last time, I have everything. Even if I had forgotten anything you can send it along with Rosabelle when she delivers her letter." June pulled me into a bone crushing hug. "Ok...bone crush...baby...not going until tomorrow... it's hurting!" I managed to say through breaths.

"Oh, your dress robes with be delivered soon. Can Rosabelle carry such a large package?" June asked as we entered the living room and sitting down on the sofa.

"Yeah, she's a owl not a pigeon."

"That could be argued." Charlie joked sitting between me and June and putting some classic Fresh Prince of Bel Air on.

"Stop dissin' my owl!" I protested.

"It's not a owl, it's a pigeon." Charlie protested in a teenaged girl voice.

"Shut up," I snapped, "you have to nice to me it's my last day. That also means being nice to Rosabelle." I said crossing my arms.

"Oh no, she crossed her arms!" Charlie said waving his arms about.

"Oh shut up!" I snapped as Charlie gave me a hug.

"When did you grow up?" Charlie asked on a more serious note.

"I'm still little Missa. Just taller and extremely powerful." I said laughing.

"I smell pizza." June said excited.

Its pizza day... for the second time this week. It's my favourite so we were having it today.

"What's going to happen next?" I asked eating.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm going to a school for magic. When I graduate I can't go into a normal job can I? Everything's going to change!"

"Well we'll work it out when we get there. Right now we're going to watch Tv, eat pizza and stay up late." We all cheered at this.

• • • •

"I HAVE TO RUN THROUGH A WALL!" I screamed very, very loudly.

"Yes." Everyone said to me.

"Great, I've really gone mad." I said leaning against a wall which I didn't have to run through.

"Yes you have. Mad as a hatter." Pansy said as she and Draco grabbed my hands and led my through. I was amazed when I saw a beautiful scarlet train.

"Wow, it's beautiful." I said in shock taking my trolley off June who had kindly pushed it through the wall while I was shaking with nerves.

"Let's go and drop your bags off." Draco said as we pushed our trolleys to a man.

"Hang on. I'll keep Rosabelle and my handbag with me." I said putting the animal cages on the floor and picking up my pink bag. I love it, if I could; I would marry my bag.

"That name is so beautiful. Rosabelwl." Pansy said boarding the train taking her owls cage with her.

I turned to my parents. I'm going to call them my parents because they are.

"Melissa." June said crying and giving me a hug, I was also crying.

"Im going to miss you. It won't be the same. I'll have my friends but not you." I managed to say.

"I know, don't worry. Everything's going to be ok. You're going to study hard, meet new people and get into loads of trouble but neither of us will care." June said laughing.

"Thats true. You tell me everything that happens at home and no picking baby names without telling me first." I wiped away my tears.

"Missa." For the first time ever Charlie was crying.

"It's not fair." I said while giving him a hug. "I've got to choose between the person I'm destined to be and my family. Why Charlie?" I asked trying to hold the tears back but failing miserably.

"Everything's going to be ok." Charlie said wiping my face. "Just be the little sweetheart you are and you'll be ok. I want to know everything, your teachers, lessons, magic, even girly gossip I don't care about."

"Ok." I whispered.

"Here, I got this for you." He handed me a bracelet. It was in the shape of a snake and covered in pink and red crystals.

"Thank you! Thank you for everything, you never stopped believing in me. Even when I was Melly, the girl who was in jail every other day."

"Now go. Go find your friends." Charlie said handing me my bag and Rosabelle. I walked onto the train and found my friends, I couldn't look back at my parents out of guilt. When the train started to pull away I stood up and ran to the window waving goodbye to them, they needed a goodbye. Even if it made me guilty.

When I returned to the carriage we were in I burst out into tears and found comfort in Draco's arms.

"It's ok Minnie. We all know how it feels." He whispered.

"Their the only proper family I've had and now I've lost them." I said while heavily crying.

"Minnie, you can't think like that. They're going to be fine. They'll get up each morning and live normally. The highlight of their day will be when they get a letter or photo from you. You on the other hand, will be a nervous wreak for weeks and wont leave your room." Blaise was doing so well with the prep talk, thank God for Pansy and head smacking skills.

"What Blaise should of said is that you'll live happily at Hogwarts and the highlight of your day will be when you party with us." Pansy said making me laugh. "Come on, we need to go to the bathroom and sort your make-up out." I was dragged along to the fancy bathrooms and handed make-up.

"Thanks Pansy." I said splashing my face with water and removing the smudged mascara.

"No probs Minnie. You know, I need a new nickname for you. Everyone will be calling you Minnie and I'm your best friend so I need a different thing." Pansy sometimes over thinks and out her mouth comes out random but thoughtful things.

"As long as it doesn't sound pratish I'm fine. Or pet names, can't stand them." I said putting eye liner on my now perfect face. Well perfect to me anyway. I hope the world thinks I'm pretty.

Oh no, I'm over thinking.

I always do this.

I try and make myself perfect do everyone would like me.

But if I think I look perfect that means I accept what I look like and should start singing Born This Way by Lady Gaga so loudly.

Or does it come across snobbish and make me look like a spoilt brat.

I hope not.

"Hey, Melissa. Don't zone out like that, its freaky." Pansy said stealing my lipgloss and putting some on. "I thought of the perfect nickname for you anyway."

"Would I like it? Wait don't answer that just tell me."

"Lissie!"

"I like it. Lissie." I said looking in the mirror then giving Pansy a hug.

Lissie!