Chapter 24

After the trip to Hogsmeade I met up with Pansy and Blaise in the entrance corridor. I walked over to them and we started to walk along.

"Whats up?" I asked as we walked outside.

"We have to show you something. It's important." Blaise said as we walked to a corner of Hogwarts which was deserted. Pansy moved a few plants out the way and reviled a door.

"In we go." She said brightly. Opening the door, which had a ladder in it, and entering. "Lissie, it's really important. You have to come with us." She climbed down the ladder out of sight.

"I'll be right behind you." Blaise said as I entered the door and climbed down the ladder.

"Lumos." Me and Pansy said at the same time. We were in a dark corridor, it was cold and metal. I could hear the water drip slowly. Blaise jumped off the ladder and lot his wand.

"Shall we?" He said smiling skipping on ahead.

"What is this place?" I asked as we walked along, a shiver came down my spine.

"Well, it's a hidden passageway. We found it last year, trust me, you'll want to know where it leads." Pansy said as we walked down the endless corridor.

"Ok... so where does it lead?" I asked.

"You'll see." Pansy said in a joke impatient manor.

"FOUND IT!" Blaise said running back to us from the darkness. "Found it." He said panting.

"We kinda gathered since you ran shouting 'found it'." I said sarcastically as we came up to a ladder.

"Up we go." Pansy said happily climbing the ladder and going through the manhole drain. I climbed the ladder and found we were in the middle of the forbidden forest. "Follow." We walked a little further then came up to a pen.

Oh my... dragons.

Five fully grown, enormous, vicious-looking dragons were rearing onto their hind legs inside an enclosure fenced with thick planks of wood, roaring and snorting - torrents of fire were shooting into the dark sky from their open, fanged mouths, fifty feet above the ground on their outstretched necks. There was a silvery-blue one with long, pointed horns, snapping and snarling at the wizards on the ground; a smooth-scaled green one, which was writhing and stamping with all its might; a red one with an odd fringe of fine gold spikes around its face, which was shooting mushroom-shaped fire clouds into the air; one with blank ridges down its back and had brown scales; and a gigantic black one, more lizard-hike than the others, which was nearest to us.

At least thirty wizards, six or seven to each dragon, were attempting to control them, pulling on the chains connected to heavy leather straps around their necks and legs.

Mesmerised, I looked up, high above me, and saw the eyes of the black dragon, with vertical pupils like a cat's, bulging with either fear or rage, I couldn't tell which....It was making a horrible noise, a yowling, screeching scream....

"First task is dragons." Blaise said sitting on the fence.

"I have to fight a dragon? What is wrong with everyone!" I protested.

"You're asking us. Now I've already done some research. This is a Hungarian Horntail," Pansy pointed to the pissy looking one. "There's a Common Welsh Green over there, the smaller one - a Swedish Short-Snout, that blue-gray - a Chinese Fireball, that's the red - and a Norwegian Ridgeback at the end. Now you don't want the Horntail as its really pissy, most dangerous dragon and you don't want the Ridgeback as it's poisonous." I looked at the dragons in shock.

"Dragons!" I say waving my arms about. "I'm only a small person!"

"I have good news." Blaise said which made me hit him. "Ouch. Look, dragons have a weak spot. It's their eyes, hit that with a spell it won't be able to fight, also their really dim. If you make loads of noise or distractions they will panic. Easiest way to get past them." I have an idea.

"Come on, I have an idea." We walked back through the tunnel and back to the school. I went straight to the library and picked up the book. "This, and this, and these pages. All of it."

"That's extreme. I don't know half of this stuff but trail and error right?" Pansy said looking at me.

"I know, but if I'm right, we could be onto something." I said taking the book over to check it out. "When shall we start?"

"Now." Blaise said snatching the book and leading me out the library.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

"Right. This shouldn't be to hard." Pansy said as she reread the book for the eighth time. "Lets start." We were in the boys dorm in the Slytherin common room and had put a spell on the door so nobody could enter. Total class.

"Expecto Patronum." I said thinking of the happiest moment of my life... they day Charlie adopted me. A silver cloud came out my wand but then vanished. My plan was if I could make a Patronus it could be part of my distraction. "Expecto Patronum!" I say a little more frustrated but then remembered one moment of my life, the day Fred and I got together. That seemed to do the trick as a lion cub shot out my wand and ran around the room.

"Holy shit! Thats pretty cool, what's your happy memory?" Pansy asked watching the cub roll around on the floor.

"The dat Fred and I got together." I said with a shrug.

There was a knock on the door. Blaise went and opened it.

"A party without me? I'm hurt." Draco said entering, he took one look at the cub and looked at me.

"My patronus. It's one distraction I'm going to use." I say in pride.

"Rita's article." He threw the paper onto a bed and I picked it up.

"Tri-Wizard sweetheart with the dark past." I say before gasping. "She's written most of the article about me getting arrested." Everyone huddled over.

'Melissa David is the sweet 14 year old who everyone knows didn't enter herself in the Tri-Wizard tournament, but how much does anyone really know about her past? Well, she reviled it to me in detail.

She first explained her troubled childhood by moving from different orphanages constantly and seeking attention by getting herself in trouble with the Muggle law! It had gotten so out of control that the Officers had to handcuff her, this was before she had even turned eight.

She also admitted she knew every single Officers name and had been 'arrested' over 50 times. A jail-bird.

But Melissa has told that she has gotten her life back on track, but with such a dark past can we really trust her innocents?'

I got so angry the paper caught of fire and burnt. That bitch! I had answered loads of questions for her, I told her about my lessons, life here, boyfriend, how I feel... she just concentrates on my past!

"We can work with this." Blaise said.

"How? Everyone thinks I'm mad and dangerous!" I snap sitting on the floor and watching Tiger chase the lion cub patronus.

"Well you could pretend you still have trauma over it." I give Draco the look. "True, it won't help."

"Could be worse." We all turn to Blaise. "This makes Minnie appear trouble and reckless, Potters seems he's a weak git who cries over his parents." We all laugh, I know I shouldn't but Blaise has managed to cheer me up.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

"Hey Pretty-Little-Princess, what's it like being locked up? I'm sure we could find more ways to get you arrested." Some random 6th year joked winking at me. What house is he even in?

"Really great compared to where I was living, I actually felt safe their. The orphanage I got sent to wasn't nice, one time the lady who runs it broke my arm. There is no other way of me getting arrested unless its murder, you can get arrested for 5 years if you want to fulfil your sick plan. Have a lovely life!" I said cheerfully skipping off.

"That wasn't the answer I was looking for." He growled grabbing me from behind and putting his hand over my mouth. I would try to call for help but the corridor was empty and I couldn't free my grip from him. "Seems your not so innocent after all Princess." I tried to fight my way out but I couldn't.

I'm trapped.