Chapter 32

"So drink it before entering the water, after a minute you'll change, if it doesn't work drink this." Pansy handed me a vile of deep purple liquid and light red. "Good luck." She said giving me a hug before running off before age started to cry.

"Bring Sunny back will you?" Draco said before he and Blaise hugged me.

I then turned to Fred. He didn't say anything. "I'll be fine." I said as he held me in his arms.

"I know. Your Mel." He said kissing my head. "Why did they pick JJ? I mean out of everyone. It was her..."

"Because she's the smallest and sweetest thing." I replied. "Everyone world miss her. Also imagine me carrying anyone else in the water, I wouldn't be able to do it."

"You better be quick. That potion will only last an hour. Then you change back. Stay safe." Fred said before we kissed and he left. I walked over to Fleur and we both took off our track suits so we were on our swimsuits. I put a headband on my leg and slid my wand in it so I could swim without carrying it. She grabbed my hand and I grabbed hers.

"Vey 'ave taken my sister." She whispered.

"They've taken JJ." I replied as we waited for Harry to turn up. The crowds were waiting and the judges muttering.

"I'm . .. here ..." Harry panted, skidding to a halt in the mud and accidentally splattering Fleurs robes. Now he had gotten here I took my potion and turned to Fleur.

"Where have you been?" said a bossy, disapproving voice. "The task's about to start!" Percy Weasley was sitting at the judges' table - Mr. Crouch had failed to turn up again.

"Now, now, Percy!" said Ludo Bagman, who was looking intensely relieved to see Harry. "Let him catch his breath!"

Dumbledore smiled at Harry, but Karkaroff and Madame Maxime didn't look at all pleased to see him. ... It was obvious from the looks on their faces that they had thought he wasn't going to turn up.

Harry bent over, hands on his knees, gasping for breath; Ludo Bagman was now moving among us champions, spacing them along the bank at intervals of ten feet. I was in the middle next to Fleur who looked as scared as I was.

"Well, all our champions are ready for the second task, which will start on my whistle." I turned to Fleur and she looked at me. The whistle blew and we ran into the water before it was deep enough to swim inside. I saw she had used a bubblehead charm while I was holding my breath hoping the potion worked.

The water was so cold, like a thousand knives digging into my skin and then it wasn't, it was warm and refreshing. I couldn't feel my feet, I looked down and saw a beautiful, shinning, golden tail. I stopped holding my breath and realised I was now breathing underwater. I turned to Fleur and smiled.

"I'm a mermaid." I said happily. "Woo this is so cool." I started to swim diagonally down.

I could only see about a 10 feet radius all around me and all the other champions were gone. I couldn't see them at all. I swam deeper and deeper. To my side I saw light green weed stretched ahead as far as I could see, two feet deep, like a meadow of very overgrown grass. I thought best to avoid it so I swam down. It turned out it was the right thing to do, ugly little creatures were swimming around the weed, they looked terrible.

I carried on swimming deeper. I was surprised at how fast I was going but maybe it's because I'm a mermaid. I swam deeper and deeper until I heard music.

"Come closer child, you have made it in record time. A quarter of your time has gone... stay quick or your girl will rot." That made me snap and I charged down to the voice. That melody was playing over and over, I couldn't stop now, JJ needed me!