It Must Be A Sign (Reid x Reader)

"Morning," You greeted nonchalantly as you stepped into the elevator.

"Morning," Reid replied, giving you a quick kiss as the doors closed.

"They're profilers, Spencer. They're gonna figure out eventually, why can't we just tell them?" You wondered.

"Because it's against the rules, (Y/N)." Reid sighed. "I'd tell them if I could, but..." He trailed off as he took your hand in his. Your shoulders sank slightly in disappointment.

"Are you sure it's not for any other reason?" You muttered under your breath and looked at the floor, hoping he wouldn't hear you.

"What do you mean?" Spencer asked, his eyes filled with concern.

"I don't know... it just... it kind of seems like you'd be ashamed if they found out about us..." You confessed as you tried your best to avoid meeting his gaze. Spencer shook his head.

"(Y/N), I am the luckiest man alive. I, of all people, get to call myself your boyfriend. I want to shout it from the rooftops. If I could tell people, I'd never shut up. I wouldn't be able to stop bragging." Spencer gently grabbed your waist and pulled you closer to him. "I love you, ok?" He whispered as he planted a soft kiss on your lips. You smiled slightly and kissed him back, cupping his cheeks in your hands. The two of you were so wrapped up in the moment you didn't notice the ding! of the elevator doors.

As you pulled away, you noticed the group of people standing rigidly outside the elevator.

"Pay up, chocolate thunder. I told you!" Penelope laughed. Derek took out his wallet and slapped $20 into Garcia's hand reluctantly. "Don't need to be a profiler to notice when two people love each other." She said with a smirk as she winked at you.

"H-Hotch, I can explain..." Reid stammered, his cheeks flushed. Your boss' stoic expression melted into a smile as he shook his head.

"Don't be, Reid. Just take good care of (Y/N), or else you'll have me to deal with." Hotch shot Spencer a look, but his smile didn't break. "I won't say anything to Strauss, but I expect to be invited to the wedding."

"Yes sir, I will. And I couldn't have a wedding without you there, could I?" Spencer grinned. Aaron flashed you yet another smile and gave you a nod as he headed off.

"You know," you said as you walked with Spencer out of the elevator, your hand in his. "in all the time I've worked here, I don't think I've ever seen Hotch smile that much."

"It must be a sign." Reid smirked as he planted a quick kiss on your cheek.