Happy Birthday (Reid x Reader)

"Morning, Reid!" You greeted chirpily as you walked over to your desk. You were always a typically happy person, but today was special; today was your birthday.

"Morning, (Y/N)." Reid greeted nonchalantly. You were a bit taken back by his lack of excitement; it wasn't like him to forget your birthday. It wasn't like him to forget anything. You shrugged it off, however, and sat down at your desk. You flipped open one of the many files on your desk and began to work on it.

Throughout the day, Hotch kept calling people into his office. Garcia, Spencer, Derek, Emily, JJ, and Rossi all took turns going in and out, but none of them as much as looked at you. You felt a sinking feeling in your stomach. Did any of them care enough to remember your birthday?

As the day went on, you found yourself getting more and more disappointed. Even your best friend, Spencer, barely as much as talked to you. You decided you had had enough of it and gathered up your stuff to head home.

"Hey (Y/N), wait up!" Reid called as he jogged towards you. He stepped next to you in the elevator and pressed the button for the main level. "I was wondering if you wanted to come by for dinner tonight? Say around six?" He asked, not giving any evidence that he knew what today was.

"I don't know, Spencer..." You shrugged. You weren't necessarily happy with him.

"Please? It's gonna be fun, I really want you to come." Reid insisted with his best pleading eyes.

You sighed and bit your lip. "Fine," You huffed as the elevator doors opened with a ding.

"Great!" Reid exclaimed. "I'll see you at six, (Y/N)!" He beamed as he hurried off towards the parking lot.

"(Y/N)! Come in, come in!" Spencer welcomed as he stepped aside, motioning for you to enter. He seemed a lot more excited than you would have suspected.

You walked into the room and immediately you were met with a rather loud "surprise!" You looked at the team in awe.

"You didn't really think we'd forget your birthday, (Y/N), did you?" Hotch teased with a warm smile. Your eyes started to fill with joyous tears.

"Oh my god... you guys... I can't believe this. Thank you so much." You couldn't believe they had done all this for you. You couldn't have been happier.

"Of course, doll. Anything for you." Garcia smiled as she kissed your cheek. "Now, what do you say we have some cake?"