Rescue pt. 2 (Reid x Reader)

Warnings: Mention of violence, miscarriage

You tried to sit up as the doctor walked into the room, but he told you not to move.

"So?" You asked frantically. "Is the baby ok?" They had spent the last 14 hours running various tests on you, all while trying to keep Spencer out of the loop. It had been a stressful few days spent in the hospital, after a month spent tortured by a psychotic killer. You knew in the back of your mind there was no way the baby could have been alright, but still you kept yourself in deep denial. You had lost so much of yourself that you couldn't bare to lose something else.

"Well, Mrs. (Y/N), you've experienced extreme trauma over the past few weeks. The brain releases a stress hormone called cortisol. This causes your brain and body to go into crisis mode. Your breathing and pulse quicken, blood sugar levels rise. Your body shifts all energy away from functions that are non-essential to your immediate survival, such as growth and repair. Those functions aren't needed for your survival in a dangerous situation, but they are essential for a growing fetus. This isn't dangerous in short term, but over the span of a month-" The doctor started rambling. You shook your head as a signal for him to stop.

"What... what does this mean?" You interrupted. You weren't interested in the science.

"The increased long term-cortisol levels as well as the physical and psychological trauma you've experienced..." The doctor sighed and looked down at the ground. "There's no way the baby could have made it. I'm sorry." He glanced at you and offered a sympathetic smile, then left the room quickly.

It took a second for the words to sink in. But when they did, it hit hard. You felt numb. You felt like you wanted to cry and scream and hit something all at once, but you just sat there, staring blankly at the wall.

Derek peeked his head in the door and glanced at you. When he saw your expression he made his way into the room and took a seat at your side. "What- what'd the doctor say?" He asked hesitantly, not wanting to bring any more pain to you.

You bit your lip and shook your head. You couldn't bare to look Morgan in the eyes. Tears started spilling out of your eyes and you broke into sobs. You were furious with yourself.

"Hey, hey." Derek comforted. He took your hand in his and looked you in the eyes. "It's ok. All that matters is you're ok." He offered you a smile, and you could see how deeply he cared by his worried expression.

"Spencer- he's gonna be so disappointed." Your voice was barely a whisper. "We'd been trying for a baby for months, and when it finally works..." You growled. Derek sighed and wiped away the tears streaming down your face.

"This isn't your fault, (Y/N). It's that son of a bitch that took you." Derek tried to convince you. "If there's anything I know about Reid, it's that he's head over heels in love with you. Hell, I remember the first day he saw you. He called me up that night and went on and on about how beautiful you were and how you were the most amazing girl he's ever met." Morgan chuckled. You tried to smile, but you just couldn't bring yourself to it. "You want me to send him in?"

You paused a moment to think. "Yeah. Please." You nodded. Derek stood up and kissed your forehead before leaving the room.

Spencer practically burst through the door after Morgan left. "(Y/N)." He sighed in relief. "I'm so, so sorry- I tried to come in here, but the doctors kept stopping me." He said with tears in his eyes. "I'm so glad you're ok." He whispered as he sat down beside you. "I thought I was gonna lose you." Spencer admitted, his voice shaky. You sniffled and wiped the tears off of your cheeks.

"Spence." You blurted out. He looked at you attentively. "I- I lost the baby." You closed your eyes and looked down, trying to hide the tears that were still pouring out.

"Baby?" Spencer asked. He sighed and gently turned your head so that you were looking him in the eyes. "It's ok, (Y/N). I'm just glad that you're ok. I wouldn't wish for anything else." He kissed the back of your hand. "I don't know what I'd do without you. What we have..." He looked you in the eyes. "What we have is more than I could have ever wished for. You are the most wonderful girl I've ever met. We can get through this, ok?"

You felt like a weight had been lifted off your shoulders. You could finally breathe again. "I love you." You whispered.

"I love you too. More than you could ever know." Spencer placed a gentle kiss on your lips.