Together (Reid x Reader)

Request: Hey! I love this account! Could you possibly write an imagine where the reader has an eating disorder and fear of eating in front of people, and the team finds out and Reid maybe comforts her? Thank you <3

Warnings: Mention of eating disorder (anorexia)

"Are you alright, (Y/N)?" Reid asked softly. He looked at you with worried eyes from his desk opposite your's.

"Hmm?" You snapped out of your daydreaming state, raising your head to look at Spencer. "Yeah, why?" You asked suspiciously.

"You've been staring at that muffin on your desk for ten minutes now." Spencer bit his lip and awaited an explanation.

"Oh... I'm just not feeling that well right now." You lied and pushed the muffin off to the side. "You want it?" You offered.

"Sure, thanks!" Spencer took the muffin from you. As soon as it left your desk, you felt a weight lift off your shoulders.

"Hey, you wanna go grab some lunch, mama?" Derek asked. You shrugged and agreed to go, knowing that all you would order was a black coffee.

Derek smiled. "You wanna come too, pretty boy?" He asked Reid.

"Yeah, I don't see why not." He grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder. Morgan wrapped an arm around your shoulder and guided you towards the door.

"And what can I get you, folks?" The waitress asked, flashing you a warm, homely smile.

"I'll take the BLT, no mayo, and a coffee, please." Spencer ordered, slightly timidly.

"I'll have the double cheeseburger." Derek asked.

"And for you, hon?" She turned towards you.

"Just a black coffee for me, thanks." You offered her a small smile.

"Right, It'll be out in a flash." The waitress finished scribbling down your order.

"Thanks, beautiful." Derek winked.

All while the three of you were eating, drinking, and chatting, Spencer kept looking at you with an increasingly concerned expression. Once in a while, you would catch his glance and he would quickly look away.

He was noticing; he was noticing the excuses, the dark circles under your eyes, the ever so slight dissapearance of color from your skin. The lack of eating.

You thought you had covered it up pretty well. Apparently not.

You decided to avoid Spencer as best you could for the next couple of days. Maybe he'd forget.

It was about eleven o'clock when your late-night tv marathon was interrupted with a knock at the door. You pulled yourself off the couch and started making your way over. All energy was drained from your system; the door seemed a million miles away, and every step sent a cry throughout your body. At least walking burns calories.

You were dressed in pajamas, a robe, thick socks, and a blanket. You were freezing despite it being 70 degrees.

"(Y/N)? It's me. Can you open the door? Please?" Reid begged. You sighed. You knew what was going to happen.

Deep in your mind, you knew it wasn't right. What you were doing to yourself. You need food to function. You can't keep going like this, you need your energy. You knew it was destroying your body, your relationships, your mind.

But you needed to be thin. You needed to cut down the calories.

In reality, you just needed to be told everything's going to be ok.

All you needed was a helping hand.

You slowly unlocked the door and turned the knob. You stepped back without saying anything and without looking Spencer in the eye, to let him into the apartment. He gave you a small smile and placed a hand on the small of your back, then led you over to the couch.

He took a seat, his body turned towards you and his knee brushing yours. You refused to look him in the eye, and messed nervously with your hands.

"(Y/N), look at me." He said, his voice barely a whisper. You glanced at him, biting your lip. You were scared. You didn't want to get better. You felt you didn't deserve to get better, not until you reached that ideal number, not until the scale pleased you. "I know what's going on. Please, (Y/N), just talk to me... I want to help." Spencer paused, tears in his eyes. "I can't stand to see you like this, (Y/N). All I see is someone beautiful, perfect in every way... and when I realize that you don't see that, when I realize that you think you're not good enough..." Spencer choked up and wiped a tear off his cheek. For a moment, you both sat there, silently crying in each other's company.

"I need help." You whispered, your voice shaky as you tried to hold in your sobs.

"That's what I'm here for, (Y/N)." He wrapped you in a tight embrace. You melted into his warm arms. You had never felt anything more comforting. "We can do this together, ok?" Spencer kissed the top of your head. "Asking for help is the first and hardest step. I am so, so proud of you."