chapter 2

I was walking through the studio when a tiny body collided with me. As I looked down to see who it was I saw a pair of brown eyes looking up at me. "Camila, are you alright?" I asked as I reached down to help her up.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I'm just a klutz." She said with a pout. She then bent over to pick up a whole bundle of..bananas?

"You really like bananas, huh?" I laughed out. She just blushed and went back to picking things up. I started helping her pick up the papers she also dropped. "What're all these?"

She quickly cleared her throat and looked down at the ground. "They're my songs. I love to write."

"Really, are any on the new album?" I questioned. She had a lot.

"Uhm, no. Will doesn't like my music, it's not exactly good for the group, so he says." She explained, which made me frown.

"Well I'd love to hear it, are you free right now, I have about an hour before I need to record our new single?" I really wanted to hear her songs.

She took out her phone to check the time before looking back up at me with a smile. "You really wanna hear? I have half an hour before I need to leave and meet up to get outfits for the tour."

"Totally, lets go." I said before wrapping my around her shoulder and guiding her to an empty studio. I went and sat down at the piano, explaining that I wanted to play along while she sang.

She looked down nervously before telling me the name of her song, 'Fools.'

"Okay, well you start and I'll come in." I encouraged her.

She looked up at me and started to sing.

  I am tired of this place, I hope people change
I need time to replace what I gave away
And my hopes, they are high, I must keep them small
Though I try to resist I still want it all

Her voice was amazing. I was stunned but finally figured out the proper chords for the song.

I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes
I see a little house on the hill and children's names
I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanqueray
But everything is shattering and it's my mistake 

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall
Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall 

She stopped abruptly and stood up. "So, yeah that's all I've got so far, but it's not worth finishing, Will would hate it."

I stood up too and walked over to her, placing my hands on her shoulders, "Hey, that was absolutely amazing, I'm not lying." I said looking her in the eyes. I then dropped my hands. "So, uh, who's it about?" I wondered aloud.

"It's actually not about anyone." She informed me. I made and 'O' shape with my mouth before she continued. "I guess people could hear it and think about someone, but to me it's about fame. I fell for it, and I love it, but it all gets a little much sometimes, you know?" she asked.

"I honestly understand, completely." I said truthfully. "I love it so much, like the experience is amazing, but I haven't seen my mum in over two months, and I won't see her until after the tour. I don't have any time." I explained.

She smiled sadly at me, "I haven't seen my family in about a month, and I also won't see them until after the tour."

I stared at her until an idea popped into my head. "Let's make a deal." She looked at me expectantly and I continued, "if one of us is ever missing our family, we'll come to each other. If you need me, I'll be there." I told her.