chapter 7

When I was younger my mother always told me I'd grow up to do something amazing. My seven year old self set very high standards for what that something would be. Of course I thought I'd discover some new alien race or win the Olympics, but what child doesn't dream of those things? Now, here I am at age twenty, and I haven't done much. Sure I'm famous, but I'll still feel empty at times.

Lauren Jauregui made me feel like I had done something amazing, though. Every time I looked at her I got the strongest butterflies I'd ever felt, and when she smiled because of me I felt as if I would die. Every time she giggles I swear I fall for her even more, and I could stay up all night simply listening to her talk. She was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen, inside and out.

Now, I wonder why I sit here with all these thoughts to myself. Here I am, completely in love with her at this point, yet she hasn't got the slightest clue. I think it's because at this point I'd rather just see her happy, and that'll make me happy. I've come to the realization that her happiness is mine, and sometimes we can't make the people we love happy, so we watch them happy with someone else. I'd say that's pretty amazing.

"Hey, Lauren." I smiled as I sat down beside her. We were currently having a tour meeting backstage at a venue. I looked across the table and noticed Austin sit beside Camila. I glared a little when I noticed her uncomfortable smile, but my attention was then pulled away from them.

"Hi, Y/N." Lauren said with her adorable smile that makes my knees weak.

"How are you feeling?" I questioned. It had been two days since Lauren broke up with Brad and he left.

She looked down for a second in thought before answering. "Better than I have in a long time, honestly." She said while looking back up at me.

"I'm glad, Lo." I told her truthfully before her manager, Will, pulled my attention away from her.

I looked to the front of the room and he began speaking. "This has been the most successful tour of 2016!" He exclaimed and everyone clapped. "Now, you're probably wondering why I gathered you all here today. Well, this is now going to be a world tour, so pack your bags! After the US we're off to South America and the rest of the world!"

I smiled. This meant I could have more time with everyone here. I was beginning to wonder what would happen once the tour was over, but now I didn't have to worry for a while longer.

"I'm so excited!" I heard Lauren say beside me.

I turned back to her and smiled. "Me too! I've always wanted a world tour."

----

Two days later I was setting up at a club, getting it ready for Camila's birthday. Her birthday was tomorrow, but we had a free day today, so Dinah and I decided to throw her a surprise party.

"Chancho is gonna love this!" Dinah said happily, while she set up the tropical party. We decided to go with a tropical theme because then we could involve bananas. Brilliant, I know.

"Damn, straight!" I said from across the room where I was taping up green and yellow streamers. "What time is everyone coming?" I asked.

"I told Ally to have everyone come at nine, so we have three hours." Dinah explained.

"Great, wanna take a break and go pick up the cake with me?" I asked her.

"Yes! These damn streamers are pissing me off, dawg." Dinah said while jumping down from the chair she was previously standing on.

Her and I walked out to the rental car we got for the day before and I began the drive to the bakery. "What cake did you order?" I asked Dinah. I let her pick out the cake, hoping I wouldn't regret it.