chapter 21

Paris – the city of love. That's where we currently were. The European tour has recently kicked off, the girl's had released their new album, I was officially twenty one, and Lauren and I were happier than ever.

Waking up next to Lauren had been a blessing these past few months, and right now, I was enjoying the warmth created by her body curled into mine.

My peace was interrupted moments later; multiple knocks being heard coming from the door. This caused Lauren to stir awake.

"Who is it?" She mumbled sleepily.

I sighed while sitting up. "I don't know, I'll go check."

I got out of bed and quickly opened the door. "What d- Camila?" I cut myself off as the younger girl quickly rushed by me.

"You and Lauren went on a romantic date in Paris?" She asked while sitting down on the bed beside a still half asleep Lauren.

I stared at Camila before replying. "Yes, and..?"

Camila then threw a magazine onto our bed, the headline causing my eyes to widen.

Y/N AND LAUREN DATING?

"Apparently someone saw you guys kissing," Camila informed me.

Lauren was now wide awake, staring down at the magazine. "Management is going to kill me!" She exclaimed.

I sighed while sitting down beside both girls. "I'm sure it's not that bad, guys."

Camila then flipped the magazine over to a picture of Lauren and I kissing, are faces very clear.

"Never mind..." I mumbled while Lauren glared at me. "Hey, don't be mad at me!"

She glared even harder while speaking. "You're the reason we're on there, Y/N."

"Last I checked it takes two people to kiss," I heard Camila say. Lauren then glared at her, causing the younger girl to shut up.

"Lauren, it'll be fine." I told my girlfriend while grabbing her hand. I saw tears forming in her eyes and frowned. "Why're you crying?" I asked her.

Lauren just shook her head. "It's all happening so fast, that's all. I love you, and I'm ready to come out, I just thought I could do it myself."

I smiled at her while wrapping my arm around her shoulder. "I love you too," I told her. "And I know it's scary, but we're going to go through it together, right?"

Lauren nodded and Camila then leaned into my other side. "I'm here too, Lauren. I know how this feels; coming out to the world and all."

"See, even monkey is here for you!" I told my girlfriend making her smile grow.

"I love you. Both of you."

"So, you guys are coming out tonight?" Will asked while Lauren and I sat at a table with him.

Lauren nodded before speaking. "On stage," she informed him. "I'm tired of hiding who I am and who Y/N is to me."

I nodded as well while grabbing ahold of Lauren's hand. "Most people have their suspicions anyways, and now with this whole magazine thing..."

"Everyone basically knows." Will concluded. "Well, if it's what you two want then go for it."

Lauren looked completely shocked while I sat with a huge smile on my face. "Are you serious?!" She questioned happily.

Will nodded. "Of course. I want you girls to be happy, and if we're being honest you two coming out together is way easier than damage control."

I laughed lightly while standing up, the other two people in the room standing up as well. "I wonder how we should come out on stage?" I questioned aloud whilst Lauren and I walked out of the room, which was a conference room at our hotel.

"Who cares?" Lauren shrugged. "We'll wing it babe."

I laughed and pulled Lauren into my side, kissing the side of her head and smiling widely. "You're right. Who cares?"

"I love you, Y/N. I can't wait for the whole world to know it." Lauren told me sincerely.

I stopped outside our hotel room and placed my arms on her waist, leaning our foreheads together. "I love you too, Lauren. So much."

It was currently nine o'clock pm and the girls were about to go on. The plan was that during Brave, Honest, Beautiful I'd come on stage, dance and stuff, and we were just going to "wing" what we'd tell the audience after. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement, but my excitement was also there. The excitement to tell the whole world that Lauren Jauregui, the most beautiful girl in the world, was mine.

As I was standing there, waiting anxiously for the time to arrive, I felt someone come up beside me.

"Are you nervous, mate?" I heard Chloe say.

I turned to look at her and shrugged. "I guess, but I'm more excited."

Chloe nodded and we stood there in silence. After a few minutes she decided to speak up again. "I'm sorry I stopped talking to you..."

I shrugged. "I'm over it. The past is the past, there was a misunderstanding, and things went to shit. Everything has been worked out now."

She shook her head. "It was still shitty to do."

"It's alright, Chlo," I told her honestly. "I forgive you."

I heard the opening chords of Brave, Honest, Beautiful and gulped heavily. Chloe then pulled me into a hug, whispering in my ear. "Go get your girl." And with that she pulled away, walking towards Shannon and Alycia, who were also going on stage.

I turned back towards the stage and waited. Once we got the cue we walked out, going to the respective girl we were supposed to be with. Shannon walked to Dinah while Alycia went to Camila, and Chloe went to Ally and Normani. I walked towards Lauren with a smile, her having one almost as big as mine. I danced with my girlfriend as she sang, playfully spinning her around and hugging her from behind. Once the song was over we all stayed on stage, Lauren and I about to make the announcement.

"So we have something to say!" Lauren exclaimed nervously. I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her into me as she continued to speak. "I'm sure a lot of you have seen that magazine article by now..."

The crowd screamed, causing me to laugh. Lauren handed me the mic and I realized she was nervous to continue. By now the crowd was yelling our ship name and everyone else on stage had crowded around us. To make the announcement even better we had pulled a last minute arrangement to have silver confetti blown, adding to the effect.

I took a deep breath before finally releasing the news. "Lauren and I are dating."

It felt like time stopped. It was like one of those dramatic scenes in a movie, when the main character realizes something and everything moves in slo mo. The screams were muted in my head, and all I could think about was the girl beside me, and how she was actually mine.

Confetti fell from the ceiling and I brought Lauren into a kiss, the crowd going crazy. The girls got ready for one more song – a new one entitled 'Dope'.

Camila sang the first lyrics and I saw her staring at Alycia making me smile. Through the confetti Camila then looked up at me, smiling. I smiled back before looking back at my beautiful girlfriend, who was now known as mine to the whole world.

"I love you." Lauren mouthed before walking forward a little to sing. I mouthed it back before looking out at the 30,000 people in the audience, their lights filling the dark arena.

In that moment I smiled. Who would've know that starting a band in a garage would bring me all this?

I certainly didn't.

A/N: whoa bro, I've officially finished my first story. I can't believe it, but thank you to everyone that stud around for the journey. Stay tuned for all my new stuff, but for now I have one more question. Epilogue?
-Mady