chapter 12

When Lauren said slow she meant slow. Now, I'm not in anyway complaining, but things sure are going slow.

Okay so maybe I'm complaining a bit. I'm thankful I have her though. Sure we might be going slow, but technically we're dating. I think? I'll have to ask her later. Right now our relationship consists of a good ole hug and the occasional 'babe'. Maybe I'll kiss her tonight, if I'm feeling lucky. I'm currently out with Alycia. We're spending our day exploring, meeting up with everyone else tonight.

"Do you think pigeons have feelings?"

"What the fuck?" I asked while turning to look at Alycia, who was currently watching two pigeons fighting over a fallen churro.

Alycia sighed sadly. "I mean, they try so hard to get food, people treat them like shit and, no offense, they are a little on the dirty side. You think it hurts their self-esteem?"

I started at her a moment, then turned to the two pigeons, then back at her. "Probably." I shrugged, nonchalantly. I then took a bite of my pretzel, but nearly choked when Alycia hit me.

"I'm serious!" She exclaimed.

"Jesus Christ, what happened to you?" I asked, taking a sip of her lemonade to try and soothe my throat.

Alycia just huffed and continued eating her own pretzel. "Nothing." She muttered.

"C'mon, what's up?" I asked her, starting to worry.

I heard her mumble something quietly under her breath. "Come again?" I said.

"I said," she paused for a moment to sigh before continuing. "I don't think Camila likes me." I gave her an 'are you fucking serious?' look and she started again. "She said she wanted to go slow, which is cool, like, I really don't mind, but it's fucking slow. I feel friend zoned!"

I started to laughed really hard and Alycia gave me look of pure disbelief. "Dude, same." I told her once my laughter subsided.

"Same?"

"Lauren and I are on the hugging stage. I didn't even know that existed!" I told her, finding our similar situations quite funny.

"Camila laid on Lauren's bed when we watched that movie on our date." Alycia said before pouting. "I just wanted to cuddle."

"Well trust me, she's definitely into you." I said. "You don't know how often I've heard her talk about you like some lovesick puppy."

"She talked about me?" Alycia asked, her voice cracking.

"All the damn time." I assured her. "I was tired of you quite honestly." 

"I forgot to tell you something." Alycia spoke up after awhile of silence. I hummed, quietly telling her to continued. "I confessed my feelings to Eliza last month."

This caused me to immediately shoot up in my seat. "You what?!" I exclaimed.

"I admitted that I, well, loved her. It was awkward, she doesn't feel the same, obviously." Alycia explained. "That's why it took me awhile to ask Camila out. I wanted to be fully over Eliza, you know?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her.

She just shrugged. "You were busy with all your Lauren drama and I didn't want you to worry about me."

"Hey, I want you to know you can always come to me. From now on please don't not tell me something. Deal?" I asked her.

"Deal."