chapter 9

The next day I was back in Camila and I's hotel room, watching her freak out over a date that's not for another six hours. She had been pacing for the past twenty minutes, complaining about not having anything to wear. I just sighed and continued listening, but not really listening, more like pretending to.

"Are you even listening?" Camila said while throwing her hands up in an exasperated expression.

"I was like fifteen minutes ago." I told her honestly before laying back in my bed.

Camila groaned before walking over to my bed and jumping on top of me, straddling my waist.

"Whoa, whoa, you're going on a date later." I said jokingly.

She rolled her eyes and smacked my arm before talking. "Listen, I need you to come to the mall with me and pick out an outfit."

"Cami, you have so much clothes!" I exclaimed. I then started to tickle her sides and flipped us over. I trapped her hands above her head before speaking again. "But fine."

I jumped off of her and she clapped happily. "Yay! I'll pay for your lunch too!" Camila told me while putting her shoes on.

"Oh, I'm definitely in now!" I exclaimed while throwing on a pair of black vans.

After I put them on Camila came and jumped on my back.  "Let's go!" She said, pointing towards the door.

I groaned before walking along with her on my back. Once we went into the hotel hallway I noticed Lauren leaving her room.

"Hey Camz, hey Y/N." Lauren said with a smile. "Where are you guys off to?"

"The mall! Wanna come?" Camila asked while jumping off my back.

"Sure, Camz." Lauren said as she started walking with us towards the elevator.

Once we got to the mall I complained to Camila that I was hungry. She then proceeded to tell me I was always hungry, to which I reminded her that she was too.

"No I'm not." She mumbled as we walked towards the food court, Lauren and I following while laughing.

We hadn't been stopped by anyone yet, but I noticed a couple people taking pictures and realized something. Camren was in public together. They may not have been alone, but still...this was rare.

We all went and got Chinese food before picking a table and sitting down to eat.

"So, why were you guys coming to the mall?" Lauren asked as she opened her soy sauce.

"I wanted new clothes," Camila shrugged. "I made Y/N come because I felt like it."

"She threatened me with free food." I said, making Camila poke my side. "Stop, Cam." I whined, making her stick her tongue out. Lauren just silently watched us.

After a few seconds Lauren spoke up. "I need new clothes, too."

"Oh, well, I guess this is perfect!" I said happily. We then continued eating in silence. I snuck glances at Lauren every so often, admiring her beauty.

After we had finished eating Camila dragged us to an H&M to find some clothes for her date. Lauren also decided to try some clothes on. I simply sat in the dressing room while they went around finding clothes to try on. Once they found clothes they went into separate dressing rooms to 'model' them for me, as Camila said.

Camila came out first wearing a black dress, that I would say hugged her in all the right places.

"Well if you're trying to get Alycia in bed tonight, that's a good choice." I told her jokingly, causing her to blush and give me the finger. She went back in to continue trying stuff on.

Next, Lauren walked out with a simple black tank top, yet she still looked amazing. "That looks really good." I told her with a smile.

"Thanks, Y/N!" She exclaimed before going back in.

I sighed and slouched down in my chair, awaiting the next outfit. Camila then came out wearing black leather pants and a green bomber jacket.

"That looks perfect, Cami

"That looks perfect, Cami. Hell, now I wanna take you on a date." I said with a smile.

She laughed and shook her head while examining herself in the mirror. "You think Alycia will like it?"

I walked up behind her and put my hands on her shoulders. "I think Alycia will love it!" I exclaimed happily.

She smiled and sighed. "I hope so."

I turned her around before speaking again. "I know so."

She smiled happily before walking back in to put her regular clothes back on.

Lauren then walked back out with her original clothes on. "Is that everything you wanted to try on?" I questioned.

She shrugged. "Yeah, I don't really need anything."

I eyed her curiously for a second before smiling at her. "Okay, Lo."

She smiled back and walked over to sit beside me, resting her head on my shoulder. This caused my heart rate to increase, but I remained calm on the outside. "Hey, Y/N?" She asked after a few moments of silence.

"Hm?" I hummed, causing her to continue.

"Why don't you ever date anyone? Like, tons of girls want to date you, yet you're still single." Lauren asked, causing me to sigh.

"I have my eyes on someone, even though she'll never like me back." I told her honestly, leaving out the part about it being her.

Camila walked back out, causing our conversation to cease for the moment. "I'm ready!" She told us, walking out.

Lauren and I followed her to the register and I watched her checkout, feeling Lauren's gaze on me.

"It's Camila, isn't it?" Lauren suddenly asked, causing me to choke on literally nothing.

"Oh my god, no. Don't get me wrong Camila is beautiful and she's great, but she's my best friend." I explained. Lauren looked at me curiously and I continued. "It's not her." I stated.

"Who is it?" Lauren asked, eagerly.

I just shrugged my shoulders. "Someone that'll never like me back."

/-/
An
This one is a bit shorter than usual so sorry bout that 😁
also, I made a new cover 👌🏻