Celine's chapter

Warning: it's too short.

Celine's POV

It's already quarter to 7 in the evening and still, I'm busy checking and preparing the schedules of Ms. King for Friday.

Mr. Landon asked me to beg Ms. King if I have to, so she will have no free time, dating with Mr. Buck.

Sighed. He doesn't like that man. Me either.

I was been here since before they became a couple. Since the days when Mr. Landon couldn't help but feel annoyed with Ms. King's presence.

It was noon and Mr. Landon was sitting on his chair when Ms. King and I enter. "What do you need again, Lewis?" He asked in a bored tone.

Ms. King pouted but smiled after a couple of seconds. "I brought you your lunch. I cooked that" she said, giggling like a school girl.

They were still in a young age when they involved themselves in the business industry. I also remember when Ms. King has suitors back then and she would receive different kinds of gift.

On the other hand, I could see how secretly pissed Mr. Landon is, every time he sees another suitor.

One day, he ordered the guards to tell all the suitors of Ms. King to not to come back or else he'll kill them.

Ms. King never knew about it. Even she doesn't entertain her suitors because she's loyal to Mr. Landon, she still ask me if there were chocolates and other sweets.

Days passed by, still no sweets arrived and she gets disappointed.

"I don't like the boys, just the sweets they give. They say, the best things are free" -she said in a pissed tone.

One day, she literally jumps in joy when she found a chocolate box on her table. She didn't know who was the one who gave it.

That's when I realized it was from Mr. Landon.

Mr. Landon was a player back then. If Ms. King has suitors, he also has girls around him. I remember his former secretary who acts like she reigns in this building.

Tss. Good thing Mr. Landon fired him when he saw how she hurt the janitress here.

Back to the main topic, Mr. Landon has girls around him but like Ms. King he didn't entertain them...most of the time. Sometimes, Mr. Landon goes out with different girls back then.

But like the others, he changed.

I came back to my senses when I heard footsteps. It's Mr. Landon. His eyes were red but he's smiling.

"Is Lewis here?" He asked, reading the time in his wrist watch. I shook my head as a response while giving him a sad look.

"Oww, hey! You should go home now. I need your energy for tomorrow. You need to beg her, right?" He reminded and I nod my head, beaming at him.

He smiled and make his way to his office. I arranged my stuff then dialed Bren's number for him to fetch me.

I hope I'll accomplish my tasks for tomorrow.

***
😉😉👌👌

Thank you.