While Away

Lewis's POV

"Celine" I called her as she's drinking her coffee while reading a magazine. She put the magazine down together with the cup of coffee on her hand.

"Ma'am?" She asked as she was waiting for my instruction.

"Nothing" I simply replied, grabbing my phone that lies above the folders.

I checked it again for nth time, hoping that I got at least one message from him. This is what I hate when I got into things like this. I feel so... clingy.

I sighed. Nothing. I got nothing except from unknown number. It said:

I already finished my job here. I'll see you tomorrow morning.

I didn't text back, thinking somebody got mistyped my phone number. Back to the topic, there's no messages from Black, not at least a message. Where did he go? He said, he'll be away for two days but he never said where would he be. "Celine" I called her, scrolling my phone on a downward then upward direction.

"Yes Ma'am?" She asked, staring at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Nothing" I answered again and she giggled. I frowned at her, warning her to stop it.

She keeps on giggling. "I saw how you checked on your phone. Are you waiting for Mr. Landon's message?" She asked, wiggling her brow and I waved a hand on her. "Shut up. Of course I don't. I'm just checking if what can I do, killing time? I don't have much work." I answered, half lied.

She shaped her mouth, round while nodding. I let out a 'tss' then stared at her blankly.

"What do you want to tell me, Celine?" I asked, scowling. She put a sly smile on her face, raising her phone. She shook it gently like she's teasing me.

I don't want to call him. He maybe busy with Ms. Julia Scott. That's her name. Celine told me yesterday and even Frank already told me about her, I couldn't help myself but to be bothered.

She was about to answer me when Vince stepped in unexpectedly. "Hey" he greeted, slightly raising his hand.

I smiled as I greeted him also. "What are you doing here?" I asked him. Celine excused herself, secretly giving Vince daggers.

What is her problem? Is Vince one of her ex-lovers?? She's so bothered about Vince presence.

Well not only today but whenever she sees him.

"Well, I wanna ask you out... you know, the last time was been cancelled." He answered, expanding his cheeks. "Alright. Alright. Give me a minute." I said then putting my things back into my bag.

I checked my phone once again and put it in my bag as I saw no changes.

"Let's go?" He asked, assisting me to the door.

'How are you now, Black??' I thought, hoping that he would answer me through thoughts. I know it's funny. -_-

He brought me to the kind of restaurant I hate. The place is too classy for my liking. I want a simple and comfortable one.

I got nasty stares from the people as we entered. Everything is obviously expensive. From the walls to the utensils.

The girl lead us to our table, giving us a small smile. "Here's the menu, Madam, Sir." She said, handing us the menu.

To my disappointment, I cleared my throat and ask the waitress to give me the cheapest meal in the menu.

Vince's brows met. "You don't like the food??" He asked, slightly pouting his lips to the menu book's direction.

I shook my head. "It's not that. I'm just not hungry" I lied, acting so he wouldn't catch my magic tongue.

Sighed.

If Black is just here, he would take me to the kind of place I love.

Sometimes it doesn't need fancy things to win a woman's heart but the little things she loves.

I secretly checked my phone and still no messages from Black. Sighed.

Were the things he did for these past few days are only a game for him? He must've checked me!!! I mean... He should ask me if I was okay or Did I already eat my meal... He should remember the little things.

But I can never blame him. He might be tired. Tired of waiting for years. Tired of being with me. Tired of chasing. Tired of loving.

After I knew the things happened, I always try to remember the things we had.

Did he really care for me? How did I win his heart? Did he really love me? How long we've been together? What did he do when I left? Did he ever had a fling with other girl? Or a serious one? Did he forget me?

Damn! I hate all of these.

He's right. It wasn't fair for him. It never did.

I've hurt him.

I came back to my senses when I felt a hand over mine. My system jumped a little. He seemed to noticed my reaction that he removed his hand from mine. "I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He asked, examining me if I'm not. I shook my head roughly. "No, no, I'm fine. You were saying something? I'm sorry. I-I spaced out." I answered, stuttering in nervousness. Afraid that he could feel disappointed to me.

He nods then frowned. "Aren't you gonna answer the call?" He asked then that was only the time when I realized my phone keeps on ringing.

It was the same number who texted me. Should I answer it? It might be important. Or not?? I'm on a date right now. It's not good, right?

I look at my phone then to Vince and back to my phone. "You should" he simply said, giving me a small smile. I gave him an apologizing look before I excuse myself.

I let out a sighed and then push the answer button.

(Lewis!)

"..."

(I've been calling you and you're not answering.)

"..."

(Damn! Answer me! Where are you?!)

"..."

(What the... hell. LEWIS!!!)

"Black?"

(*muttering something I couldn't hear)

"..."

(Where are you? Did you eat already? I asked Frank to bring you your lunch.)

"I-I'm with Vince right now. In a restaurant"

(...)

"It's just a friendly date"

(You don't have to explain)

"I just want you to know."

***hung up***