Derek- hospital

"I do not think I can do this," I whispered causing Derek to pause the game on the TV.

"What play call of duty?" He questioned raising his eyebrows and I shook my head when he turned back to look at me. "Babe, what's wrong?"

"I can't do this." I repeated and he added his head suggestively.

"Yeah I got that from the last time you said that thanks." He joked and I looked up at him tears in my eyes. "Seriously babe what is wrong?" Concern etched into his features as he sat on my hospital bed.

"This." I softly replied and he leant forward grasping my hands in his own.

"What playing call of duty?" He asked and I sighed shaking my head.

"No call of duty has nothing to do with this!" I exploded and he took his hands back into his lap. "I'm sorry it is just the hospital is getting to me."

"I get it babe I do," He sympathetically stated his fingers rubbing circles onto my hand.

"I don't wanna live like this anymore!" I softly said and Derek's grip on me tightened.

"Don't talk like that." He whispered but I shook my hands out of his grip.

"I don't wanna be cooped up in a hospital room and only be allowed out for the toilet." I expressed, my urge to go out and do something slowly killing me inside much like my disease.

"You have a TV in your room with a playstation."

"The world doesn't revolve around playstation games Derek." I burst and he sighed at me trying to think of what to say. "What I am trying to say is that I do not want to be cooped up in the hospital in what could be my last days." My words my voice cracked and tears flooded my eyes. 

"Don't say that," Derek whispered and I smiled at him leaning forward so I could run my hands through his hair despite the various wires and tubes restricting me from doing so. "You know that there is plenty of time and you know that-" I cut him off by gently brushing my lips against his. 

"I am dying Derek," Despite how much those words hurt to say I knew he needed to hear them. "and you need to accept that. You need to move on and find somebody new, somebody that you can marry and have kids and-" This time it was Derek who cut me off copying my actions and pressing his lips against mine. 

"I want no one but you." He whispered and I shook my head tears falling. "You know that I love you." 

"I love you too." He tucked me into his chest as I wrapped my arms around his waist burying my head into his chest. His lips pressed against my forehead as we sat there oblivious to the drowning sounds of the hospital surrounding us.