Prologue

I walked through the bland walls of the hallway, my heels clicking on the tiled floor as I did so. I was playing a song in my head and snapping my fingers at every other beat of my cerebral tune. "Good morning, Mrs. Collins." I said to the woman passing by without looking up from my book.

"Good morning, Ms. McCoy." She replied happily. "Dear, you're about to walk into a wall!" She warned me.

When I looked up, everything was dark and cramped, leaving me confused. I heard thuds behind me and I realized I was inside the wall that Ms. Collins warned me about.

I hit my hands against the wall, gasping in shock when it disintegrated. The teacher screamed and ran saying something about the devil or something.

I looked down at my hands with wide eyes, hurrying to pick up my bag and book and get the hell out of here.

Once I returned home, Hank was waiting for me on the couch of our small apartment. "Aren't you supposed to be at school?"

I dropped my items on the floor and stood in front of him. "I'm an alien or something." I rushed out.

Hank raised a brow and folded his arms over his chest. "What are you talking about?"

"Watch!" I shouted, walking towards a wall and leaning on it. I focused my mind on my hand and yelped when I fell through. "See?!" I shouted through the wall. I walked out of it uneasily and met the wide eyes of my brother.

"You're a Mutant." He said calmly.

"Wow thanks, bro. I needed that." I said sarcastically while waving my arms around.

The table next to me unfortunately turned to dust just like the wall at the school had.

"Being a Mutant isn't an insult. You have... abilities." He explained.

I rolled my eyes and put my hands on my hips. "No shit, Sherlock."

A/N: I feel like I'm cheating on Beth... But look at the McCoy siblings bein all cute!