Chapter Nine

A/N: I gotta be honest here... I hate my writing in this book lmfao. Give me some feedback to let me know how I'm doing, I also changed it so that Hank isn't accompanying Erik and Charles when Erik pushed Banshee off of the satellite! ALSO! I have the playlists for Beth and Charles if you want them I'll drop 'em down in the comment section ;) Kisses!!!

"Hey, where are you fine gentlemen going?" I ask upon seeing Charles and Erik down the hall, jogging over towards them.

Charles gave me a warm smile, motioning for me to continue walking alongside them. "We're on our way to the satellite to give Banshee a little more practice with his screaming."

"Why the satellite?" I asked curiously, my eyebrow raising. "Why not somewhere less dangerous? Say... The roof?"

"Maybe danger will help him." Erik informed with a hopeful tone in his voice, making me smile a tad. 

I nodded, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear. "Possibly, but-"

"Riley, are you ready to go?" Hank asked after rounding the corner that was in front of us.

"Where are you going?" Asked Charles, eyeing Hank up and down as he stood in his grey sweats.

"We're gonna go race, I know he already did with you but come on, man. I'm his sister." I explained, throwing my arm over Hank's shoulder. "We'll all meetup later, yeah?" The duo nodded, continuing on their journey. "Oh, and Erik!" I called before they got too far away.
I walked over to him and motioned for him to come closer so I could whisper something to him. "If Banshee chickens out, push him. He'll have no choice but to do this correctly." I said, pulling away and patting him on his shoulder.

"You have your plotting face on, what did you just tell him?" Hank asked when I once again joined him.

"I just told him to push Sean off of the satellite." I said, waving a hand to signal that it wasn't a big deal.

"When you're in prison for assisting in a murder, you're not going to get a lot of tattoos are you?" Hank joked with a small chuckle.

"Oh shut up." I groaned, shoving him into the wall.

--Time Skip--

"Charles!" I shouted, running across the field to catch him before he went inside.

"Hello, Riley. What can I do for you?" He asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Earlier today when I was with Hank, I somehow figured out that I can also use my eyes to destroy things if I focus all of my power there." I explained, gesturing for him to look towards the bush in front of me. I focused on the shrubbery, my Mutation flowing through me with a gentle tingle. I breathed out, narrowing my eyes slowly, watching the plant turn to dust in mere seconds.

"Though impressive and very excellent, can you please stop destroying the plants in the yard?" He chuckled, giving me a soft pat on the back. "I'm very proud of you, Riley."

I smiled to myself as he walked away, my arms wrapping around my torso. The sound of footsteps coming up behind me brought me out of my trance, my eyes looking up as the person stepped in front of me. "Hello, again. Are you stalking me, Mr. Lehnsherr?" I joked, a smirk appearing on my face. "Did you push him?"

Erik chuckled, leaning against the concrete fencing that surrounded the upper part of the yard. "Yes, I did. Charles wasn't too fond of the idea, though."

"Did the kid die?" I asked, my brow raising while I moved my hands to rest on my hips.

"No."

"Then Charles needs to take a step on the wild side. It worked, didn't it?" I quipped, noticing that he looked warn out. "What's your problem?" I asked, only to realize how harsh it sounded. "In a non rude way!"

Erik gave me a small smirk, pushing off of the railing and beginning to walk away from me. "I knew how you meant, not to worry." He paused in his tracks and turned around to face me once more. "But nothing's wrong, just tired. I moved the satellite today."

My eyes widened before my lips formed an excited smiled. "That's so great!" I said happily, my body having a mind of it's own and engulfing Erik in a hug. "I'm so proud of you! That's huge, literally!" I giggled, pulling away a tad to look up at him, my smile faltering when I noticed the closeness. "I mean it's... fantastic." I said quietly as I felt us moving closer to one another. "How you-" I was cutoff when his lips brushed mine softly, the connection sending a chill through my body while my heart raced. My eyes closed slowly, my arms tightening around his body while he moved a hand to my lower back, only adding more excitement to erupt inside of me.

He pulled away all too soon, his lips giving mine one last peck before he released me from his arms. I opened my eyes, a blush forming on my cheeks from the scene that just played. I awkwardly cleared my throat and gave him an embarrassed smile before I quickly walked away from him to head inside, my heart pounding out of my chest.