Chapter Eight

A/N: I don't know how... But I broke the clicker on my computer... P.s, when this played in Orange is The New Black... I cried, no joke. 

"I don't think I need to use that other part of my abilities, Charles..." I sighed out as we stood in the backyard of the mansion. "I don't plan on using them to harm people."

"I respect that, Riley, truly I do." Charles acknowledged before clearing his throat. "But that's not why I want you to practice it. You kind of ruined the coffee table."

I sighed once more, running a hand through my hair and looking to the ground. "Fine."

Charles clapped a hand on my back in approval before he stood in front of me. "That's the spirit, Riley." He then put a piece of wood held up by a pole in front of me. "Now, I want you to try to destroy only the wood."

"Do you just randomly have these lying around or did you go to Lowe's and I just didn't notice?" I asked with a smirk on my face. Charles gave a fake laugh in return before he moved next to the wood, motioning for me to do my thing. I shook my hands by my sides and tilted my neck, trying to shake the nerves away, only to be ambushed by an itch in my nose. I mentally cursed myself as I sneezed, my eyes shutting tightly at the force. When I opened them back up, I sniffed and blushed a deep red when I saw Charles covered in the remains of an above tree branch. "Sorry..."

--Time Skip--

"You want me to what?" I asked, tilting my head in confusion. "Do you want me to die?"

"How would this possibly kill you?" Erik asked with an annoyed tone. "All I'm asking is for you to run through the wall to see if you can do it faster than usual."

"And if I get stuck, I will die." I countered, poking a finger into his chest. "So, there." I joked, briefly glancing to his lips when I noticed how close we were.

"Were you looking at my lips again?" He asked with a small chuckle.

"What?" I asked, my eyes wide as they looked into his. "Again? There was never a first time! And I wasn't looking at them now either, let's just get to the objective, yeah?" I spoke quickly, backing up and running straight through the beige wall in front of me, coming out the other side with ease.

"Are you dead?" I heard Erik shout from the other side.

I chuckled and shook my head before shouting back, "Yes, I'm going to haunt you now."

--Time Skip--

"I feel like I'm about to witness the death of a person." I mumbled from my spot at the windowsill. "Not that you'll die..." I tried to fix my previous statement as Sean looked at me with worry. "This height won't kill you. Maybe break a bone or two-" I was cut off by a hand going over my mouth and an arm around my waist, causing me to narrow my eyes.

"Stop talking." Raven said with a laugh.

"Ignoring what Riley said," Charles paused to clear his throat. "Remember to scream as hard as you can."

"You need the sound waves to be supersonic. Catch them at the right angle and they should carry you." Hank explained after he stopped laughing at my outburst.

"They should carry me. That's reassuring, you and your sister should be therapists or something." Sean droned out sarcastically while looking in our direction. I sent him a playful wink to the best of my ability with Erik's hand still over my mouth.

"Good luck, and don't forget to scream." Charles reminded before Sean leaned off of the windowsill and began to fall, letting out a pitiful scream before he landed in the bushes below.

I pulled Erik's hand off of my mouth, leaning over the windowsill a little to look down to where he landed. "Did you die?" Sean gave a thumbs up, causing an uproar of laughter from everyone in the windows.

--Time Skip--

"I'm very envious that all you have to do is exercise." I groaned, holding the door open for Raven as we walked into the mansion. "Charles has everyone else pushing their powers to their full potential. It's like he's trying to make us a huge Mutant turd."

"You're one classy lady, Riley McCoy." Raven joked, grabbing a bottle of water and taking a sip.

"I try." I said with a fake flirty look.

"So what's going on with you and Erik?" She asked, shocking me to the point where I had spit out my water.

"What? Nothing. Why is everyone accusing me of things?" I rambled, cursing myself mentally.

"I'm not accusing you of anything, I just wanna know. You two keep having eye sex and keep touching each other so I was just wondering, Ri." Raven giggled.

I put my head in my hands before sighing. "He's..." I paused, biting my lip momentarily. "I don't know, every time I see him I just wanna...." I moved my hands in the air, balling them into fists. "Lick his face."

"Sexy." Raven joked, wiping up the water I spit out previously. "But seriously, stop with the eye sex. It's weird."

A/N: This chapter looks like it was written by a seven year old (: