Chapter Twelve

A/N: Is it normal to miss writing a character as much as I miss writing Beth...? Also, the beginning of this chapter isn't so great, but bear with me! 

"Did you tell Erik what I told you this morning...? He seemed to have knowledge of it." I whispered to Raven who was sat next to me as Hank flew the plane. 

Raven turned her head, her yellow eyes meeting my green ones. "I might have... accidentally mentioned it..." She paused and sighed. "I'm really sorry-" 

"Raven." I chuckled, my hand patting her knee before returning to my lap. "It's okay. I just wanted to know." I smiled, a sense of relief flowing through me. "Besides, it's not a big deal. We've kissed, so-" 

"What?" Raven asked, her eyes widening.

"I mean it wasn't supposed to happen, it just did-" 

"And you didn't tell me?" She gasped. "Friendship card revoked, Ri." 

I tilted my head in confusion. "I wasn't really keen on keeping it to myself, but I didn't want you to make a big deal of it."

Raven smiled, her hands gesturing that she had 'zipped her lips'. "No worries. You can have your friendship card back." 

I smiled, a giggle coming out of my mouth. "Thank you." 

"Crew of the Aral Sea are all dead. Shaw's been there." Charles interrupted, catching everyone's attention. 

"He's still here, though, yeah? He has to be." I pointed out, looking towards the Telepath. 

"Riley's right, he's still here. Somewhere." Erik agreed, giving a nod my way. 

"He's set the ship on course for the embargo line." Charles explained, worry in his voice. 

"If that ship crosses the line, our boys are gonna blow it up. And the war begins." Moira spoke up from her spot as navigator. 

"Unless they're not our boys." Charles countered. He put his fingers to his temple and shut his eyes momentarily. 

The plane sharply turned, everyone yelping in surprise. I gripped Raven's forearm while Sean put an arm over my front. "I am so glad I don't get airsick." I shouted over the commotion. An explosion sounded while the plane went back to normal and everyone sighed in relief. I released my grip on Raven, slumping down in my seat. 

"A little warning next time, Professor?" Hank asked in annoyance. 

"Sorry about that... You alright?" Charles asked everybody. Sean breathed out a quiet 'yeah', dropping his arm that was protecting me and putting it back to his seat. 

 "That was inspired Charles!" Moira praised, turning to look at him briefly. 

"Thank you very much, but I still can't locate Shaw." He explained. 

 "He's down there. We need to find him, now!" Erik argued. 

I sighed, putting my hands over my face while they conversed. "I am so not ready for this..." I grumbled. 

"Hank?" Charles spoke up. 

" Is there anything unusual on the radar or scanners?" Hank asked Moira who shook her head. 

"No, nothing." She said sadly. 

"Well, then he must be under water. And obviously we don't have sonar." Hank explained. 

I dropped my hands back into my lap, looking to Sean with a smile. "Yeah we do." 

Sean looked back at me, nodding while Charles said, "Yes, we do!" 

I watched at Sean, Charles and Erik unbuckled, moving towards the back of the air craft. "Hank, level the bloody plane!" Charles shouted. Hank obeyed while they held onto the hand grips that hung from the ceiling. 

Sean shook his head, pointing a finger at Erik. "Whoa! You back right off!" He ordered. Erik raised his arms in defeat while he turned to look at me briefly with a smile on his face. "Beat, open the Bomb Bay doors!" 

"Remember! This is a muscle! You control it! You'll be here the entire time!" Charles explained, putting his finger to his temples. "We'll see you soon! On my mark! Three! Two! One! Go!" He shouted, Sean responding with a 'whoo!' as he jumped out of the opening. 

"My heart is honestly beating out of my chest right now." I said with a nervous laugh, Raven giving me a look of support. 

"Banshee's got a location on Shaw!" Charles announced after a few minutes. "Are you ready for this?" He asked Erik. 

Erik nodded, taking a breath before speaking. "Let's find out." He then climbed onto the landing gear and went out of sight as he was now outside. 

I watched on in anticipation, wanting desperately to get out of here as my anxiety grew worse as each moment passed by. It grew even more when the ship went out of control due to a tornado hitting us. 

Everything went down in a blur and before I knew it, the plane had crash landed on the beach. 

A/N: Why is this story almost over... I like just started it...