Chapter Five

A/N: Suicide Squad was probably one of the best movies I've ever seen so I don't really know what the hell is wrong with the critics... I feel like this chapter is kind of scattered and I made Riley a huge dick so.

I was sitting on the couch with Raven, my face buried in a book while she chatted with one of the new recruits, Angel.

"We should think of code names. We're government agents now. We should have secret code names. I want to be called Mystique." Raven announced, piquing my curiosity. I shut my book, setting it down gently before paying attention to the group in front of me.

"Damn! I wanted to be called Mystique." Sean joked, slumping into his seat on the couch in front of me.

Raven chuckled. "Well tough, I called it. And," I jumped backwards in my seat with a small yelp of surprise when she suddenly turned into Sean. "I'm way more mysterious than you." She said in his voice. "Darwin what about you?" Raven asked, turning back into herself.

"Well, uh, Darwin's already a nickname, and, you know, sort of fits. Adapt to survive and all. Check this out." Darwin explained, standing from his seat and walking over to the fish tank. I tilted my head in confusion once he stuck his head in, but that turned into awe when he grew gills in order to breath under water. He pulled his head out and shook the water off of him, smiling over at us. "What about you?" He directed at Sean.

Sean looked up to the ceiling in thought for a couple moments before snapping. "I'm going to be... Banshee."

"What do you want to be named after a wailing spirit?" Hank asked, causing me to look over to him with a warning look upon my face.

"Be nice, Hank." I scolded before turning to Sean. "Go ahead, Banshee." I said with a smile.

He nodded a thank you and stood. "You may wanna cover your ears." We all covered our ears while he set his cup on the table and knelt down in front of it. He breathed in quickly, pushing it out seconds after. Before I knew it, the window shattered in front of him. I uncovered my ears, my eyes wide. Sean looked down at his undamaged cup curiously. "How'd I miss that..." He then turned towards me after sitting back on the couch. "What do you do?"

I felt a shiver run down my spine once he finished his sentence, a familiar warmth coming to my cheeks. "I um." I paused and stood, wiping my palms on my jeans and walking towards the wall behind the couch. I took a deep breath before smiling and giving a small salute before stepping inside the structure behind me. I walked all the way through to the hall, turning towards the door to enter the room. I knocked on it, alerting them to look that way before I turned it into a pile of dust at my feet. Claps and gasps could be heard when I stepped back in the room, causing me to blush even more than I had been previously.

"I think... You should be called Shadow!" Angel called out once I sat back in my spot next to Hank.

I smiled, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear sheepishly. "I actually really like that. Shadow it is!" I giggled and looked over towards her. "What about you, Angel?"

"My, uh, stage name is Angel." She explained while getting a whistle from Sean. "Kind of fits." Angel said, turning so that her back was towards us. The tattoos on her back quickly turned into beautiful wings, catching everyone in the room of guard.

"You can fly?!" Raven asked, absolutely astonished.

Angel smiled and turned back towards us. "Uh-huh. And, um..." She then spit a fireball out of the broken window, having it land on the head of the statue outside.

"I'm turned on, and disgusted." Darwin said in regards to her Mutation.

Angel blushed slightly, turning to look at Hank. "What's your name?"

"How about Big-Foot?" Alex asked across from us, earning a look from me that could kill.

"Well, you know what they say about guys with big feet. And, uh, yours are kinda small." Raven shot back at him.

"I don't know how to feel about that...." I mumbled, wishing I hadn't been there to witness that comment.

"Okay, now." Darwin spoke up to stop the uproar of laughter. "Alex, what's your gift? What can you do?"

"Uh, it's not, um... Um, I just can't do it. I can't do it in here." He stammered out.

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms over my chest. "So you make fun of my brother for his Mutation, and then you don't even show us yours?" I scoffed and leaned back in my seat. "Coward, much?"

Alex glared at me and Hank put a hand on my shoulder. "Ri, it's okay."

I huffed and dropped my arms into my lap, motioning behind Alex to the broken window. "Can you do it out there?"

"Yeah, can't you just do it out there?" Raven agreed.

It didn't take long for everyone in the room aside from me to start chanting his name in encouragement. "All right!" Alex said annoyed.

"That's the spirit." Darwin praised with a smile. 

We all stood and followed Alex towards the window, him stepping through while we stayed in the building. "Get down when I tell you!" He ordered.

"Get down when I tell you." I mocked in a deep voice, earning me a few chuckles from the others.

"Get back!" Alex shouted at us. We all moved behind the wall before quickly moving out from it to see what he did, much to his annoyance. "Get back!" He rolled his eyes when we didn't comply and shook his head. "Whatever." Alex scoffed, rolling his hips around to create red rings before shooting them at the statue, cutting it in half.

"I want hula hoops of death, damn." I breathed out.

--Time Skip--

I was back to reading my book after Alex's demonstrating while everyone else was drinking or being destructive, much to my dismay. I sighed when more debris from broken chairs flew about after making contact with Darwin's stone covered body.

"What are you doing?!" Moira's voice shouted angrily which made me jump and phase through the couch. I stood quickly and straightened my shirt awkwardly as her eyes scanned the room. "Who destroyed the statue?"

I pointed to Alex immediately while Hank said, "It was Alex!" 

"No. Havok. We have to call him Havok. That's his name now. And we were thinking, you should be Professor X, and you should be Magneto." Raven announced, standing on a table and pointing to Charles and Erik who I just noticed were standing next to Moira.

"Exceptional." Erik said sarcastically before looking to me and jerking his head in the direction he was about to walk towards, signaling me to follow.

I blinked in confusion, watching him disappear. My brain processed it seconds after, and I quickly made my way out of the window and over towards him and Moira while Charles stayed behind for a moment. "What do you need?"

"Charles thought we'd be better off taking you with us to Russia." Erik explained, a hint of annoyance in his voice. 

"Great." I huffed, pulling the sleeves of my sweater down. "Why, exactly?"