Chapter One

1962 [pic up top is 'brother/sister picture' that I reference]

I sat in a creaky old chair at the facility my brother worked at, watching intently as he worked. "How are you doing this so flawlessly?" I asked, rocking myself backwards. "If I was doing it-"

"Keyword 'if'." Hank chuckled, gesturing for me to continue.

I stuck my tongue out at him and crossed my arms over my chest. "I would probably burn the building down with some chemical reaction."

He gave a small laugh before turning back to whatever the hell he was toying with. I sighed, my eyes staring at the florescent light covered ceiling. My brother has always been kind of shy, not so much around me, but it still came up sometimes. 

"Are you done yet?" I asked, stretching my arms over my head as I yawned.

Hank shook his head and glanced over at me. "Be careful of the picture, please? It's the only one I have of us." He chuckled. "And almost done."

I looked over towards the small picture of the two of us, a small smile on my face as I relived the memories of the year the photo was taken. "When you say almost?"

"Five minutes." Hank adjusted something before moving over to work on something else.

I watched as he worked, knowing this was something he was passionate about. I leaned my head back against the chair and tapped my foot on the ground while closing my eyes. "Tell me when you're ready." I suggested, running a hand over my face.

"I'm done." He announced after six minutes.

"You're one minute over." I pointed out while I stood. I wrapped an arm around his waist as we walked and I leaned my head against his bicep. "You don't think I'm dangerous after what happened, do you?"

Hank shook his head and looked down at me, pushing his glasses up slightly with his other hand. "No, I think that you're my little sister and that you just don't know how to control your powers yet." He explained, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

I sighed, hip bumping him. "What's your Mutation? You've never told me." I asked, my eyebrows knit together in thought.  "Unless you don't want to tell me while we're in the facility?" I whispered.

He nodded and gave a small smile. "I'll tell you when we get home."

A/N: It's short because I'm tired as hell! I'll update tomorrow :)