Chapter Seven

A/N: I decided that Erik and Riley shall be Rilek and that their theme song is Iridescent by Linkin Park which is above. ALSO, I have no regrets about making that picture :) Kristen looked flawless and I suck at making manips so. That happened.

"So, I'm guessing this isn't going to be a pretty sight..." I mumbled to Charles who just gave me a stern look. "I hope Hank is okay..."

"Riley, please don't-"

"What? You really think that everything is going to be all fine and dandy after Shaw's little visit?" I scoffed and moved myself closer to the door of the car. "Come on, Charles. I was just stating the obvious. Is that a crime?"

"She's right, Charles." Erik agreed, catching me off guard.

"Hold on, did Erik Lehnsherr just agree with me?" I asked with a fake surprised face.

"Don't make me take it back." He said with a small smile before we arrived at the CIA building and saw the destruction.

My eyes widened and I rushed out of the car, the others hot on my tail. "Hank!" I shouted, engulfing him in a tight hug.

"We've made arrangements for you to be taken home immediately." Charles informed after finishing his hug with Raven.

I pulled away from Hank and spun around, my eyes narrowed. "You didn't tell me anything about that." I crossed my arms over my chest and shifted my gaze towards Erik momentarily. "They're not going home." 

"What?" Charles asked in disbelief.

"And he's not going back to prison." Sean added in reference to Alex.

"They killed Darwin!" Alex said angrily.

"All the more reason for you to leave." Charles argued, making me drop my arms to my sides. "This is over."

"Charles, no. This isn't over." I shot back at him, Hank putting a hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"Riley's right. Darwin's dead, Charles... And we can't even bury him." Raven agreed sadly.

"We can avenge him." Erik spoke up after a few moments silence from Moira's side, shocking everyone.

"They're just kids." 

"We're not kids, not anymore... Not after this." I explained.

"Shaw has his army. We need ours." Erik continued, nodding in my direction in acknowledgement.

Charles sighed before turning back to us, a look of determination on his face. "We'll have to train. All of us, yes?"

"We can't stay here. Even if they re-opened the department, it's not safe. We've got no where to go." Hank pointed out.

"Yes we do." Charles rebutted.

--Time Skip-- 

"This is yours?" Sean asked in awe at the huge mansion in front of us.

"No. It's ours." Charles corrected with a smile.

"Holy shit, who knew you had it hard, Charles." I said sarcastically while leaning on Hank and Erik.

"Honestly, Charles. I don't know how you survived living in such hardship." Erik added.

Raven stepped up to Charles and gave him a side hug. "Well, it was a hardship softened by me."

A/N: It's short because I didn't feel like doing another time skip :)