Fugitives

Iroh was looking at a flower when Zuko came out frustrated.

"Well hello there." You said. He had just woken you up.

"This is so frustrating. I am not meant to be a fugitive. I can't live like this!" Zuko shouted. He then saw Iroh and his flower.

"Uncle, what are you doing?" Zuko asked.

"This is the white dragon bush. Known to make an amazing tea, or it is the white jade bush, which is very deadly." Iroh said with a dark tone.

"Ok, whatever, I'm going fishing. YN are you coming with?" Zuko asked. You looked in his eyes and saw it wasn't really a question.

"Sounds good." You said and went with him. Once you guys got to the lake you sat on a rock while Zuko fished with a long stick he found.

"So, now that Azula is hunting us, she's probably going to round up Mai and Ty lee." Zuko said with a blush.

What the hell was the blush for. Zuko liked you, didn't he? You didn't realized you said your thought out loud.

"What do you mean. I didn't blush!"

"I saw your look when you said Mai's name!" Now you were starting to get red.

"Ok, you know what YN, you want the truth, fine. You were like, 7 when you came along. Me and Mai had always been hanging out. But then you came into the picture. I new that you were going to be my friend. And you are. You know that I like you a lot more than a friend now though. It's that well..." Zuko trailed off.

"What Zuko, just spill it I'm fine." You said, containing your hurt.

"I also know that Mai likes me a lot a-and I used to like her before I knew you and I don't know if there are still feelings for her there." Zuko looked down.

"It's fine, Zuko, It's not like we're dating or anything. I'm going back to Iroh." You said.

"Ok." You heard the hurt in Zuko's voice. As soon as you got back to camp you yelled Zuko's name when you saw Iroh.

Time skip brought to you by Me! The writer.

"You must be travelers. The people around here know better than to touch the white jade bush. Much less make tea out of it." The girl helping Iroh said.

"Yes, we are travelers. My name is Lee. And that is my uncle, uh, Mushi." Zuko thought on his feet. You hoped the girl wouldn't ask your name.

"Yes, but my nephew is named after his dad, so we just call him junior." Iroh got back at Zuko. Zuko grimaced.

"Mushi and junior. My name is song. What's your girlfriends name?" She asked you. Dammit

"My name is uh, Yan and um me and Lee are not dating." You said. Looking down.

"Are you his sister?" Jeez this girl was nosy. You just nodded your head yes.

"Cool. You guys should come over for dinner. My mom always makes to much roast duck." The girl said.

"Where do you live exactly?" Iroh asked. When you got there and you were eating it was all good until they started talking about Song's father.

"My father was taken by the fire nation." Song said.

"I haven't seen my father in many years." Zuko said.

"Is he fighting in the war?" God did she need to know everything? There was a long pause.

"Yes." Zuko answered. You didn't talk during the whole meal. You didn't feel comfortable. After the meal you and Zuko were sitting outside. Song came out.

"I know how you guys feel, the fire nation has hurt you." She said. You realized you were wearing knee length leggings and a tank top so she could see the scars that Zuko and Ozai gave you as well as the ones on your leg. She went to touch Zuko's scar but he pushed her hand away.

"I know how it feels." She pulled up her skirt revealing scars similar to yours. You guys didn't talk for the rest of the night. Iroh and Song's mother came out and she gave Iroh the food. You and Zuko were about to walk off when Song piped up.

"I know you guys don't think there's any hope in the world, but there is! The Avatar has returned!" She shouted. Zuko stopped in his tracks.

"I know." Is all he said.

"If only she knew." You mumbled. When Song and her mother went in, Zuko grabbed their ostrich horse.

"Zuko, what are you doing, these people just showed us great kindness." Iroh whispered.

"There about to show us a little more kindness." Zuko said. He pulled you up behind him, but Iroh decided to walk.

I updated early because I am super excited to write this book. It's going to be super fluffy. It's really fun writing these. I used to look for Zuko x Readers all the time but I always found stuff that wasn't finished. I decided to write this but when I did I didn't think this was going to get many reads. But now my first book has over 200 reads! Yayy! Thank you too all the readers who have kept reading these. I love you guys!