Chapter 4: I fall in love with Mr.Rogers

A/N:I chose this song for Steve and Bailey because I thought it fit perfectly for this chapter. Enjoy!

Bailey's POV:

It was 7:00 o'clock and Steve had just arrived for our movie night. I invited him because with my stitches I can't do anything or go anywhere so I'm usually bored. I had a bowl of popcorn and some soda for us. He came in and sat next to me.

"Hey, I hope you like star wars." I said while I got up to give him a hug. He stood there like he didnt know what was happening.

I pulled away, embarrassed. "Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking when I-" Before I could finish he pulled me into a hug. A wave of relieve washed over me. We pulled away, he was blushing while scratching the back of his neck.

"I uh...never heard of it." He stammered. He was cute when he stammered.

"C'mon, you'll love it." I motioned for him to sit on the couch with me. He sat down next to me ( at a reasonable distance) and I put the movie in. The movie started, it was the first movie of the trilogy. An hour and a half went by and by now it was 8:00. He yawned and so did I. I was a little sleepy but not enough to actually fall asleep. My soda was on the coffee table but I couldn't reach it because of my stitches. I thought about using my telekinesis but then I remembered Steve was here sitting next to me. I won't risk it.But, I actually trust him a bit. That hasn't happened since...

*Flashback*

"Where are you?" I asked Thompson who was on the other line.

"Hold your horses, I'm almost to your house. About...5 minutes, can you wait that long?" He asked.

"Oh no, I'll never survive!" I laughed. Him laughing with me.

"I brought flowers for our date..." He said sheepishly.

"Tom." I said.

"I know you said no gifts but I wanted you to feel special. I love yo-" Suddenly I hear a screeching on my end of the phone and I hear a loud crash coming from outside my window.

"Oh no..." I say as I drop my phone and run outside. Nothing. I go to the street over and see Thompson's car flipped over. I cried,rely hard. Then I saw a man with a metal arm and short brown hair. He had bags under his eyes and looked soulless. He went and pulled Thompson out of the car. He moaned in pain,thank goodness he was alive, but maybe not for much longer. Then the man through him on the concrete.

Then I came back to reality when I heard a light snoring coming from beside me. It was Steve, I guess while I was in my thoughts he had put his arm on the couch head behind me. I was glad he was asleep so he couldn't see me blush. The movie ended and I went and got a blanket and put it over us because I was cold. And with that, I fell asleep on Steve's chest. His heart beat helping me fall asleep. Oh my gosh, it's official, I'm in love with Steve.

Steve's POV:

I woke up...not in my apartment. If I'm not in my apartment,then where am I? Suddenly, I feel a light weight on my chest. I look down and see Bailey? Why is she sleeping on my chest...oh. Did we fall asleep on each other?Well, at least we're both dressed so, that's a good thing. I actually...don't mind it. Is that weird? But at the same time I'm afraid to move because I don't want to wake her. So I just end up lying there. I can feel her heart beat,so calm and peaceful. I've known her for a week and I'm already in love.

I try to see what time it is, it's 7:37. Then, she starts to wake up. She rolls over her head to look up at me. Suddenly her eyes widen as she realizes what is happening. She gets up rely quickly and moves away from me.

"Oh my gosh,I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to-uh oh um...I-" I cut her off.

"Dont worry about it." I said while blushing a little. "I dont mind. We...," were having a moment is what I wanted to say. "Were both just tired." Crap, that's not what I wanted to say. Sorry, language.

"Oh...i thought...never mind." She finally said after 5 minutes of silence.

My phone buzzed, I picked it up and answered it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello Captain. Glad you answered the phone, but we don't have much time. Give us the girl and we will take you both out easy. Or we will have to resort to more severe Techniques,by that I mean the girl will get more then a stitched shoulder. You have 10 seconds to make your decision." They hung up. I have no clue who they were. But it sounded like a male. I looked at Bailey with panic in my eyes. Then we heard the sound of a quin jet above us. Suddenly, something breaks the window.

"Steve what is wro-" She said but then the grenade they threw at the window exploded. We both got knocked off our feet. I rushed to get up and grabbed her by her waist and grabbed my shield and we jumped through the window. We landed in a dumpster.

I mouthed sssshhhh to her and she did so. She grabbed my hand and gave it a tight squeeze as if she was scared. We waited for the quin jet to pass over then we got out. I helped her out of the dumpster.

"C'mon, we have to leave." I told her.

"Well ya. But where?" She asked.

"Farther up DC, but we need supplies." Where would we get some?

"Follow me." She insisted.

I followed her behind an alley right by our building and helped her move a dumpster. Behind was a backpack,inside was a spare cell phone and some 100 dollar bills rolled up and some water with snacks. How in the world? I don't even know.