Chapter 13: "Gnight soldier."

I'm 16 now, my birthday is today.Hydra has had me here for 9 years. I have been there little lab rat for 9 freaking years. They brought me back to my cell. Was still as empty as it was when I got here. A small toilet, no sink, and a pillow that's as hard as a rock. I'm super thin, because they only feed me when I'm obedient. They were done with me for today. I decided to try and get some sleep. My cell was always dark. I had a small window but it barley brings in any light.

I tried to get comfortable, or as comfortable as I could get. I was cold, I was shaking. Then, suddenly, the sirens went off. I shot up from my pillow. Gun shots went off, Hydra agents screaming orders at each other. I panicked, I went to the little slit in my door to see what was going on. All I saw was Hydra agents dropping like fly's. I ran to the corner of my room to try and shut out the noise. I couldn't use my powers, I didn't know how to use them. They just happen when they happen. That and the room I was in disabled them.

Then, a loud banging on my door. I stared crying. I put my head in my heads, I tried to pretend like it wasn't happening. But the scary thing was...that it was happening. The door got busted open and I screamed.

Then I woke up to Steve shaking me to wake up. I touched my face and tears in coming down like a water fall. My face was red and eyes were puffy.

"Bailey, what's wrong?" Steve asked me as he stopped shaking me. He sat next to me on my bed.

"I had this...this nightmare again... I was in a cell and them I was crying and...oh gosh Steve it was awful!" I cried. He just hugged me. I hugged him back. He just held me, he slowly rocked me back and forth.

"Hey your okay, it's all over." He told me.

"What... happened? How did you know to come in here?" I asked. Breath still shaky.

"You were screaming. So I got up because I thought you were hurt or getting kidnapped or..." he stopped.

"Oh...I'm sorry if I scared you. These nightmares there...there nothing." I told him, I got up and went to my bathroom to wash my face.

"Bailey, they don't seem like nothing." He told me. He scratched the back of his neck. He had on a white tank top and some sweat pants. "Do you have dreams like that every night?" He asked me. I froze.

"Ya." I said quietly. I guess I didn't realize I did. My blonde curly hair a mess. I grabbed a brush and tried to brush it down.

"I'm okay now, Steve." I said.

"You sure? I can stay if it would make you feel better." He offered. I looked at the clock, it was 1:30 am.

"Who am I kidding? I'm never okay." I sighed.

"I'm sorry." He said.

I said nothing. "How do you do it?" I turned towards him.

He paused. "Do what?"

"Deal with me?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I have all of this baggage I carry around and these night mares and trust issues and..."

"I don't understand." He looked confused.

"What makes you care for me? Be as nice to me as you are. I definitely don't deserve it." I looked down at the floor.

He didn't say anything. He looked like he was in deep thought.

"Because I..." he hesitated. "Your like...a soldier with a battle wound. Bleeding out all these years from Hydra but...you carry on. You don't let it stop you. Your strong, despite your past, you continue. Ya you came out of Hydra with some things that feel like a burden or a reminder of the time you were there but, you can use them for good and turn them into a blessing instead of a curse. God made you who you are for a reason. He wouldn't want you any other way." He told me. Woh, I was moved by his words.