Chapter 9: The Avenger's what now?

"Ms. Grace,please answer the question." Fury insisted as I just sat on the couch, quite as a mouse.

He just sat there. Waiting for me to answer.

"I will repeat the question once. Do you no what serums they used on you?" Frustration rigged in his voice as he stared me down.

"What if I do? Then what will you do? Or what if I don't?" I told him with a smirk on my face.

I stood my ground. Remember, I don't trust people easily.

"Fine, well I didn't want to have to bring bad cop into the situation but you've left me with no other option. Send in Romanoff." He said into his ear piece.

Then a couple minutes later, a woman about my size with Red hair walks in. She's wearing a black suit (which I'm assuming is their uniforms) with a gun strapped to her hip.

"Oh this will be fun." She eyed me coldly with a grin on her face.

"I'll leave you to it." Fury told her then left.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Scarlet." I lied. Seeing how good she was at her job. I can read people pretty easily. I have been interrogated before.

"Your lying. Your name is Bailey Grace. 25 years old. Now answer the question please." She told me.

"I know what your trying to do. Your trying to scare me. Trying to break me, well let me tell you something, I've already been broken. By people worse then SHEILD. So go ahead,try to break what has already been broken." I said sounded surprisingly confident even though I wasent.

She stood there, expression blank.

"Well, maybe we can put you back together." She told me, she sounded a little sympathetic. "Okay let's try a different question, do you know the name of the person who experimented on you?"

"His name was Zola, German scientist. Worked for Red skull." I answered.

Her expression hardened. "Thank you for your cooperation." She told me then walked off. That was it? I thought there was more. Then someone enters the room. I'm relieved to see it was just Steve.

"I've never seen someone stand up to Natasha before. Usually she scares them into telling her anything she pleases." He chuckled.

"Ya well, you can't break something that's already been broken." I told him.

"But you can fix it." He told me back. His expression saddened a little when I said that.

"Not always. I'm like a vase, fragile. And Hydra's the bat. If people try and fix me, they'll just get hurt." I am full of metaphors. "So it's better people sweep me up and forget I ever happened."

"Bailey...you got to let that stuff go. Or at least try." He told me.

I put my head down. "What makes you think I haven't tried? But I can't. My powers are a constant reminder of my time at Hydra. That knowing the fact that you never know when they'll find you but you know they will."

"I won't let that happen." He smiled then pulled me closer, our lips inches apart. Then someone came into the room.

"Oh I'm sorry, did I interrupt something?" He asked. Me and Steve pulled away and glared at him with annoyance.

He went to shake my hand. "I'm Tony, Tony Stark."

"Hi, I'm Bailey, Bailey Grace." I answered.

"Remember me? Ya hi I'm Steve." He joked.

"I'm aware Captain Obvious." I told Steve. Tony chuckled at that comment.

"I like her. She's funny, finally another comedian in the building." Tony commented. Then Tony heard something in his ear piece. "Guys, Fury wants us down in the conference room."

"We'll be right behind you!" Steve called. Then he faced me. "So...duty calls." He scratched the back of his neck.

"I guess. It beats being at home alone. But I'm still keeping my guard up."

"Fair enough." Then we started walking out. "Wait, I forgot something." He said.

"What was that?" I asked.

"This." Steve said, then he pulled me into a kiss. Like and actual kiss. My eyes widened. Face blushing red. "Okay, now we go." He had this big grin on his face and so did I. He grabbed my hand and led me to the conference room.

All the Avengers were there. Thor, Hawkeye, Black widow, Tony, Bruce banner, everyone. Fury and some agent named Hill.

Me and Steve sat down.

"Ahh, Ms.Grace. Glad you could join us. I called you all here because I would like to offer a opening on joining the avengers. If you haven't noticed, we have someone new amount us." Fury announced. "Agent Hill, I'll let you take it from here."

Then a woman with brown hair tied in a bun stepped forward. She wore something similar to what Black widow was wearing.

"Bailey Grace, we would like to have you on a project we call, the avengers initiative." Then a holographic screen popped up with a bunch of words and information. "We can't tell you more unless you were to accept the offer."

I flinched when she said Hydra. I could feel everybody's eyes on me. My hands started shaking, my heart beat picked up, I began sweating. I was not at all prepared for this. I-I don't know if I can do this, I won't do this. I-I won't do this.
Steve noticed and volenteered that I go get some fresh air. I nodded and agreed and then left the room. I walked outside into the grass. Steve seemed to have followed me.

Steve's POV:

I felt bad, Fury told me to bring her in. He never mentioned asking her to join the Avengers. Suddenly I was pulled out of my thoughts.

"I don't think that went to well." Thor spoke up.

"No kidding point break." Tony chimed in. "She was obviously uncomfortable coming in here. I've seen that look before. I have that look when I'm panicked. Is there anything were missing here Steve?" Tony asked me.

"All I know is she agreed to come here for some questioning, not to be asked to join the Avengers." I looked at Fury as I said that. My eyes glared at him. She's been through so much. Fury just made it worse.

"She a tough one to crack." Natasha spoke up. "It even took me a while to get her to answer one question."

"Well, she knows what she's doing. If Nat can barely break her, then I don't think she'll join, Nick." Clint told Fury.

Bruce kept quiet. He looked lost in thought.

"She has heart. That and I don't think Natasha would mind having another female on the team." Thor told us.

"Well you guys can act like girls so that makes up for it." She smiled. Then got up and left the room.

"I'm gonna a go talk to her." I told them.

A/N: hope you guys liked the chapter! Sorry if it seems like I'm rushing things but it will all play out, I promise. Okay bye and thanks for reading! See you in the next update!😄