Chapter Sixteen

(Y/n)'s POV

I was walking through a valley full of flowers and the sun shining on my (s/c) skin. The warm breeze ran through my (h/c) locks making a smile appear on my face. I breathe in the scent of fresh grass and breathe out. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment. I then feel a cold gust of air hit me and the smell of grass soon become the smell of mold. My body became weak and I feel down. But my face still remained calm and still had a smile. I thought as though I could feel darkness. I felt tears fall but my face remained.

My eyes shot open and my breath was short. I see Edward's golden eyes looking into mine. It took me a second to realize... "OH MY GOSH I'M SO SORRY!" My head was rested on his shoulder. I quickly sat up, hitting my head onto the window. I winced in pain and set my hands on where it hurt. "Are you alright, (Y/n)?" Alphonse giggled. I slightly smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." I responded. "It's good that you woke up when you did because we're here!" Winry said with her voice filled with joy.

I looked out the window and saw grass hills upon other. It was beautiful. It was just like home. Which reminded me. "Hey uh... How long with this leg thing take? I really want to get home and see my mother. I already have to see worry on her face.." I said. Edward and Alphonse looked at each other and looked down. I was confused but I shook it off. "About a week. I would have to measure your leg, make your automail leg from scratch, and begin connecting your nerves to it!" Winry said with a smile.

I gulped when imagining the pain I would be put through. But a week? I don't know. "Is there a chance that you could do everything faster? I know it's a lot to ask but I really need to get home." I sighed. "I could sure try but it's going to cost extra." She said with a grin towards Edward. "...That's fine." He said quietly. I wonder what his deal is.

Once we got off the train we went straight down a trail. Just like home. Alphonse was the one pushing me this time. As we went down the trail, a house started to appear. It looked very welcoming. A dog came running towards us. "Hey Den! I know, it's been awhile." Alphonse said as he pet the dog. The dog soon came to me. She was so cute! She started sniffing my missing leg. "No Den! Bad girl!" Winry exclaimed. I started to pet her with a smile. "It's fine." I said.

"Well, well, well. I see you brought a friend with you." I heard. I quickly looked up and saw an old woman with a pipe in her mouth. "Hey granny! This is (Y/n) (L/n). She's kinda in need of a leg." Alphonse said. "I can see that. Well, just call me Pinako." She said as she blew out the smoke from her pipe. "Winry why don't you bring her in and we can start measuring." Winry then nodded and took me inside with Alphonse and Edward following behind us.

Winry and her grandmother began examining and measuring. I was just so ready to get home and be with my mom. I do feel kinda bad about lashing out on Alphonse and Edward. Now that I realize it they were only trying to help. "Alright Miss (Y/n). We got you all measured. We are going to start making your leg and get you home as soon as possible. Feel free to make yourself at home." She said. "Thank you so much." I said with a smile. I walked-- er, "rolled" around the house to find those boys.

Winry's POV

I really wanted to confess to Ed. As sad as it is that (Y/n) lost her memory, this is an opening to get Ed. I can offer comfort and then we can-- "I just feel bad that there is nothing that we can do. I really did love her, Al. I saw a future with her. I still see a future and I still love her. She means the world to me and I want to do what I can to protect her. I just don't want to hurt Winry, though." I heard. My thoughts were interrupted by the feeling of my heart dropping. I just can't let her have him. I've waited this long to be with him and I'm not going to let anyone get in the wa--

"Winry, is everything okay?" (Y/n) said with her hands tight on the wheels of her wheelchair. I looked at her with a smile. "I'm fine. Oh! Maybe I should start with your leg! You need to get home and see your mother, right?" I said. She smiled and nodded. "Well, I'll let you get to it." She said as she went away. The faster I get it done, the better.

Edward's POV

I walked downstairs after the talk me and Al had. I just need to walk about a bit. Before I could leave the house, I heard something. "Hey, Edward?" I turned around and saw (Y/n). "Oh hey." I said with a slight smile on my face. "Hey I just wanted to say I'm really sorry for yelling at you before. I was really scared and confused. But now I know you weren't trying to hurt me. Thank you for all your help. I hope we can be friends. Both you and Alphonse." She said with a smile. I honestly felt all my sadness go away. My heart felt warm. I gave her another smile. "Just call me Ed." I said. "And you can just call me Al!" Alphonse said as he came downstairs. (Y/n) had a smile on her face. "Thanks. I will. But I do have a question though." She said with a light blush appearing on her cheeks.

Me and Al looked at each confused, waiting for her to ask. "D-did we do anything w-while me and you were apparently a uh.. 'thing'?" She asked as she looked at her hands, which were together. My face became immediately red and Al snickered a bit. "Uuuhh..." I trailed off. "I don't know, did anything go on, brother?" Al said. "Nothing really went on. Nothing was official." I said with a deep breath.

"Didn't you guys kiss on Christmas?" Al stated. I quickly glared at him. "Well then. That's interesting." (Y/n) said with her face even more red. "I'm going to check on how Winry is doing. After all, I do owe her a bunch. I owe you too, Edward. You are paying for my leg. I don't know how I'll repay you." She said. "Don't sweat it. It's my pleasure." I said with a smile. She smiled back and started to head off to Winry. I then knocked Al's helmet off. "WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TELL HER THAT!?" I yelled.

(Y/n)'s POV

As I went towards where Winry was, I heard her say something. I stopped so I wouldn't interrupt anything. "As soon as I'm done with this leg (Y/n) can be out of the way. I'm not going to let her get in the way again. I don't care how long I have to stay up this leg will be done. Edward will be mine and I won't let some girl get in the way." She said.

I took a deep breath. For some reason, those words or that tone felt somewhat familiar. Regardless, I can tell Winry isn't as sweet as she acts. Just a devil in a pretty package. Why would she even care about me getting in the way of those two? I don't even like him.

But... something DID feel familiar when me and him talked. I guess something did happen. I don't even care. I'll be gone soon.

And then I get to see mom.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hey guys! This is kinda a filler chapter but it does have something to do with the next few chapters! I hope this will make up for the hiatus I was on. Again thank you for all of your support and understanding.