Chapter Eighteen

(Y/n)'s POV

"3:30 AM" The clock said. I was so ready to get home and finally feel Mom's warm arms around me. I can't wait to tell her everything and tell her how much I've missed her. I think she'll be a little too surprised about my new leg. I was headed out the door but before that I said my goodbyes.

"Thank you for everything Winry and Miss Pinako. You made my life finally come together once again. I will never forget this big favor you have done for me." I said with a smile. "It's no trouble, dear. You get home safe." Pinako said.

I looked over and saw Ed and Al sitting on the couch. "Guys? Are you okay?" I asked. They both looked at me and stood up. "Let us come with you." Edward demanded. I looked at him and smiled. "I'll be fine, really. But thank you."

"Why don't all three of you go with (Y/n)?" Pinako insisted. I let out a sigh. "I would love to tag along." Winry said with a smile on her face. I smiled at her back. I knew deep down, my smile hurt her a little which is the reason why I did it.

So we walked down the dirt trail. I limped a bit considering I was still getting used to my new leg. The walk was silent and awkward. I wonder why those two aren't saying anything.

When we got to the station, my excitement couldn't contain itself. I squealed everytime the thought of my mother or my home popped up in my head. I was kinda hoping that my squealing somewhat broke the tension, but it didn't.

Edward bought everyone a ticket and we got on the train in no time, which was great! Everything was happening so fast and my heart was racing. I really hope mom is okay. Hopefully I didn't worry her too much.

--6:30 AM--

I looked at the window and saw tall grass flowing with the cold breeze. I saw children playing and houses with smoke coming from the chimney. It made me feel so at peace. "Pie anyone?" Winry said as she pulled put some pieces of pie. Edward's eyes suddenly glimmered and he quickly nodded. She blushed and gave him a piece.

"(Y/n)? What about you?" She asked with a smile. I looked at her and smiled back. "No thanks. I'm not really hungry." I said as I looked back out the window.

--8:30 AM--

I couldn't eat right then. I was too full off of excitement. Then I noticed that the moving scenery wasn't there anymore. I saw people and a familiar feeling filled my body. I'm home.

The train hadn't even came to a complete stop yet. I jolted out of my seat and jumped out from the open train door, not stumbling one bit. I wasn't scared at all. "(Y/n)!" Al yelled.

I sat on the near by bench and breathed in the air I've come to know and love. Ed, Al, and Winry came running to me with their breathing short and there faces red from all that running. "What the hell is wrong with you!?" Ed yelled. I looked at him and smiled. "Well excuse me! I was just really excited! It's not like I got hurt or anything like that." I said. "You could have, (Y/n). Try to be more careful next time, okay?" Al said softly, trying to calm down Edward. I nodded my head and stood up. "Let's get going!" I said as I ran out of the train station and towards the way home.

The longer we walked, the more happy I got. Like I was happy before but damn! I looked behind me and saw Edward's head down and Alphonse looking into the distance. I didn't pay much attention to Winry. My surroundings became more and more familiar and my body felt more and more overjoyed the more I recognized everything. I then saw it. My home.

I ran to it as fast as I could. I knocked on the door, hoping my mother would immediately answer. I looked behind me once more and smiled. I looked back at the door and let out a sigh. "Mom?" I said with a giggle. I knocked once more. No answer. "(Y/n)..." I heard Edward say. Then the door unlocked, slowly. I immediately smiled and held my hands together.

Then a gun was put in front of my head and my smile immediately faded. "Who are you?" I heard. "(Y/n)!" Edward yelled. "Shut up before I shoot her in the head." I heard. "Please don't shoot. I live here!" I said with my eyes closed. "Oh shit. Sorry I didn't think anyone lived here." I heard. I opened one eye and saw a girl, about my age. She had beautiful, short brown hair and her green eyes were absolutely stunning. She smiled. I couldn't be mean to her. "What are you doing here? Where is my mom!?" I shoved her out of the way and tried to find my mom. "Mom!" I yelled repeatedly.

Edward's POV

I didn't pay much attention to the girl in her home. I ran to (Y/n). I had to tell her. "(Y/n). Come here. I need to tell you something." I said. "Ed not right now!" She yelled, walking all over her house and calling for her mother. I deeply groaned and grabbed her arm. "Edward let me go!" She yelled. "Brother! You don't have to do that!" Al yelled. "Edward!" Winry yelled. "Damn..." I heard the girl say. There was so much going on so I just said it. "Your mother passed away a long time ago, (Y/n)!" I yelled. The room was silent.

(Y/n) pulled her arm out of my grasp and looked at me. "Edward that's not true." She said. "Yes it is. When you lost your memory, I guess the memory of your mother's death faded away." I said with a deep breath. "Did he always joke around like this?" She said as she looked at Alphonse and Winry. "(Y/n)... He isn't lying." Al said softly.

She looked at me and then looked up, then at Winry and Alphonse. "It's not true. That's not true... You.. YOU'RE LYING!" She yelled. She looked at me with anger on her face and tears in her eyes. "(Y/n)! He isn't lying!"Al said. She looked at him. I tried walking toward (Y/n) to comfort her but she turned around and looked at me.

There was no glimmer in her eyes but there wasn't nothing in her eyes, no. There was fire in her eyes and tears in her eyes. "(Y/n). I'm so sorry. We're so sorry." Al said. "Everyone just go... GET THE FUCK OUT!" She yelled. "We aren't going anywhere." I said to her. She shoved me, making me fall onto the hard wood floor. "I said get the fuck out!" She yelled. I groaned and clenched my fists. I got up and looked at (Y/n). I didn't want to leave her. I didn't want to leave the one that gave light to my life. But I guess that's all over. I walked over to the door and slammed it open, walking back.

(Y/n)'s POV

Winry walked towards me. "You made a big mistake." She said. I didn't want to say anything. I was holding everything back. It wouldn't be worth it. Winry and Alphonse followed Edward. I went to the door and slammed the door behind them, slamming my fists onto the door and setting my head on it. I started crying. I kept punching the wall as I felt blood stroll down my fingers and onto the wood. Before I could punch once more, I felt something hold me back. "You think punching walls is gonna bring her back?" I heard. I looked behind me and saw that girl. "Who the fuck are you, anyways? I thought I told everyone to leave. That includes you if you didn't notice." I said sternly. She twisted my arm and looked at me with one eyebrow raised. "I'm Ariana, that's who the fuck I am. Are you sure you want to take all your anger out on me? You kinda just lost your boyfriend and friends." She said.

I looked at her and then at the ground. "Let me go." I said with my body shaking. She sighed and let me go. I walked to my couch and sat down, burying my face into my cold hands. I felt Ariana sit next to me and grab my bloody knuckle. She wrapped a bandage around it. "It's (Y/n), right?" She asked. I didn't answer. She finished wrapping my wound and set my hand on my lap. My face was covered in tears. She looked at me and sighed.

She lied back on the couch. "If it's any consolation, I know exactly what you're going through." She said. I deeply sighed and looked at her. "How the fuck would you know what I'm going through?" I said harshly. She looked at me and chuckled. "My mother died right in front of my eyes." She made a gun out of her hands. "Pow. Right in the head by my own father." I looked at her surprised. "What happened after that?" I asked. "I shot the bastard. A little much for a nine year old, right?" She said with a grin. "I've been on the run ever since." She said.

"I don't even know how my mom died." I whispered, chocking back tears. I didn't even know the chick, and she pulled me in for a hug. Why didn't I lash out on her? Why didn't she leave? Then I came to the realization that she may be homeless. But right then, I didn't really care. A hug and some comfort felt really good right now.

But then something came to mind.

Edward.