Chapter Seventeen

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n)..." I heard. I felt my body shake. I groaned and kept my eyes shut. "(Y/n). Wake up." I heard again. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Winry's blue eyes. As much as I disliked her for her dishonest personality, I knew that giving her the cold shoulder wouldn't do me any good considering she's the one who is making my leg. "Hm?" I said with my my eyes slowly closing again. "I finished it! Come on and I'll get you set up!" She said. I covered myself with the blankets and sighed. "Can't we do it in the afternoon? It's so early." I groaned. "(Y/n). It's literally 2 in the afternoon." Ed said. I shot my eyes open and lightly blushed. "Come on!" Winry said. I removed the covers of my body and stood up. Al pushed the wheelchair towards me and I sat down. We then went towards the living room.

I was soon sat down on the couch with Pinako at my missing limb. "Alright, here it is!" Winry said as she presented her work to me. I was amazed by the shiny metal and the wires hanging out. I gulped the more I looked at those wired and the thought of them actually connecting to my nerves made my stomach drop. She gave Pinako the leg. She soon propped it right where it needed to be. "Are you ready?" Pinako said as she smoked her pipe. "Edward!" I say without even thinking. It seemed kinda normal, though. Everyone stared at me with confusion but Winry. Winry looked at me with both confusion and envy.

My face was completely red. But Edward came to me with his face also red. "Y-yeah?" He said. I held out my hand and smiled. "I really could use the comfort..." I said. Edward rubbed the back of his neck and looked away with his face red. He looked back at me with a goofy smile and grabbed my hand. Gosh he's so cute. Wait what!? Before I could even say I'm ready I felt an extremely sharp pain on my lower leg. I let out a gasp as my eyes closed in pain. "Winry! She didn't even say if she was ready yet!" Pinako said. Winry rolled her eyes and looked back at me. "Ready?" She said with an annoyed tone in her voice. "Y--" The pain cut me off and I winced again.

I squeezed Edward's hand as tightly as possible. I heard a slight sound leave his lips which made me quickly let go of his hand. I was worried I was hurting him too much. "Sorry" I said as I tucked my hang under my opposite arm. He grabbed my arm and held my hand once more, smiling. "Don't apologize. I know what you're going through." He said softy. I smiled and I kept squeezing every time I felt that feeling that I know I would never get used to.

After awhile, the pain so soothed a bit. It started to ease down more and more until there was no pain left. "Alright (Y/n)! You're all good as new." Pinako said. I looked down and saw my new leg. The metal shined once more. I moved my toes a bot and smiled brightly. I felt tears well up and I giggled a bit. Al came in and saw my leg and saw me crying. As much as I wanted to prevent myself crying, I couldn't help it. I was just so happy. "(Y/n)? Are you okay?" Al asked while Ed still had his hand holding tight onto mine. My face was completely covered in tears. "I-I'm fine. I'm just really happy." I looked at Winry and Pinako. "Thank you so much. I can't thank you enough." I said with my tears falling. "Why don't you and the boys go outside and test it out? Me and Winry will clean up." Pinako said with a smile.

"No no no. I have to help. It's the least I can d-" "It's fine. Go." Winry said with a sarcastic grin on her face. I looked at her. I shrugged it off and stood up, but stumbled a bit. Ed grabbed my hand and Al grabbed my other hand and we headed out to the front of the house.

Winry's POV

As I picked up all of the oil and scraps of metal, all I could think about was Edward and (y/n). I got my chance but I blew it. But maybe I should just let them be. I don't know. "You like him, don't you?" I quickly turned around and my face turned red. "Granny! W-what are you talking about?" I exclaimed. She smoked her pipe and grinned. "You can't fool me, dear. I see how you look at him. And I see how you look at (Y/n)." She said. "Granny, (Y/n) isn't the iss--" "Don't get in the way, Winry. That girl has been through enough and you know how Edward has been." She said. "What about what I have been through!? You are picking her side over your GRANDDAUGHTER'S?" I snapped. "Winry! Hold your tongue!" She said.

(Y/n)'s POV

Edward backed away a bit and Al still had my hand for support. "You think you can get to brother without my support?" Al asked. I looked at him and grinned. "Of course I can!" I said. He nodded his head and let go my hand slowly. I took a deep breath and looked at Ed who was smiling at me and had his hands out for me. I smiled at him as my heart warmed up and my face had a tint of red. I slowly walked towards him with myself walking faster and faster the more I got used to my new leg. Before I could get to his arms, I fell but thankfully he caught me. This feels somewhat familiar. I looked into his golden eyes and my heart literally melted. Wait what? I looked away and lightly giggled. "I must look pathetic to you." Edward lifted up my chin, making my eyes meet his. "Not at all." He said softly. He leaned in slowly towards me but I turned my head. I stood up slowly and held my hand out to him. "We should head inside." I said with a smile. He sighed and grabbed my hand and stood up. I looked at Al and he smiled also.

Finally, the time has come. Mom, here I come!